SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#445644 - 01/30/18 12:05 PM Update Bose S1 Pro
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Fed Ex showed up at my door about three hours ago. I hooked it up to my 4X.

Probably just because it’s new but I’m a bit blown away right now. Sound from my 4X is clean, strong bass and loud. My vocals sound really accurate to me through it.

It’s small. 12 in high, 11in deep and 10 wide. So light, like picking up an oversized radio or something.

I set the Bose volume on detent(12 o’clock) and my 4X on about 35% power and it about blows me out of my den. The bass rumbled my carpeted floor...I had to EQ it down. Where h..ll do they get that much bass out of something so small???

I need to spend more time with the unit for a better evaluation. Right now I’m having trouble believing what I’m hearing....it’s that good.

More later when I can get a bit more objective. 😊

#445646 - 01/30/18 12:21 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Great to hear your positive review of the Bose.
I am a big Bose fan and might have to get one of those Arrrrg.
I have several Bluetooth speakers from Bose and yes the Base blows me away every time.
They know how to pack a powerful sound into a small package.
Enjoy
Eric

#445648 - 01/30/18 12:46 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Guitpic1,

Good to hear the positive comments. Love the Bose sound and I’m also referring to their other products. We have a Bose factory outlet in nearby Wrentham, Ma. They have props set up with what look like very large speakers/sound systems, while you are listening a sales will stop by and remove what is a large prop then you see just how big sound is coming out of a unit much smaller. Very cool setup and you have to see and hear it in person to really appreciate it.

#445649 - 01/30/18 12:48 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Wow - great report! I have watched a couple S1 Pro videos and from what I see this unit is definitely pretty nifty. With EQ and Reverb on board, battery pack option, and its light weight, it sure would make my life easier.... Maybe it would be a nice extension of the S970? Enjoy that new technology and keep the reports coming!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#445654 - 01/30/18 02:11 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

Very interesting. I also just saw a test in which the massive bass was praised. Obviously Bose's specifications (70 - 16,000 Hz) were very conservative, probably also the SPL data. Really promising.

#445656 - 01/30/18 02:36 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: Crossover]
guitpic1 Offline

Update.

Spent a couple more hours with the Bose and 4X. Trying to get a better feel.

The Bose seemed to change EQ on its own...slight changes when I was playing. I did two things: (1) I put the Bose up on a chair..10 ft away facing me and (2) I shut off all EQ on my 4X. That seemed to stabilize the EQ thing which was slight anyway.

I seem to remember the demos saying that the unit had a built in EQ system that responded to the environment or something like that.

I’m going to spend time with the Bose tomorrow again with the 4X and also with my PSR S970. I might ask one of the places I played to see if the would let me try it out in a larger room.

If it’s a smart device and adjusts its own EQ that could be interesting.

It does sound very good though and I think it could be great in a smaller environment. It definitely is bassy.

I’ll report more when I have a better idea of how it’s working for me.

#445658 - 01/30/18 03:40 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Offline

Thanks for the update.
How does it compare to you JBL Eon1?
Thanks
Eric

#445670 - 01/31/18 12:02 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: Eric, B]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Thanks for the update.
Thanks
Eric

Eric,

I haven’t done any comparisons to my other PA’s yet. I’m hoping to do that next week.

If my wife and I start gigging again, I’m pretty sure the EON 1 will be what we use. What I am hoping to use the Bose for is as a practice amp and for small gigs/rooms.

#445687 - 01/31/18 11:07 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Thanks for the update.
Thanks
Eric

Eric,

I haven’t done any comparisons to my other PA’s yet. I’m hoping to do that next week.

If my wife and I start gigging again, I’m pretty sure the EON 1 will be what we use. What I am hoping to use the Bose for is as a practice amp and for small gigs/rooms.

Sounds great.
Have fun
Eric

#445688 - 01/31/18 11:41 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: Eric, B]
guitpic1 Offline

I’m keeping the Bose....it really works well.

Today I ran my PSR S970 through the Bose and I developed a new love for my PSR...sounds good with the Bose.

This morning I called Bose and spoke with a technician. He told me that EQ does change with different placement of the speaker...but I found all positions worked well.

One thing I didn’t know was that reverb is independent. So I turned that off and got a better sound.

More later

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online