Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#445625 - 01/30/18 06:03 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Got a deal......

I’ve got a Genos on the way as well, but I’m not comfortable that it’s worth the huge amount of $$$ regardless of a fairly good deal..
If the ♪♫♯♪♫♪ slow boat from Cina ♪♫♯♪♫♪ don't show up within reasonable time, I'll most probably get enough time to get back to common senses and cancel the order....... eek2
coffee

It's really amazing so many are buying genos but with reservations and second guessing themselves due to the big price point,..I know the feeling for sure,......anyway congrats and wish you success with your new genos. Look forward to your first thoughts and reviews...

#445627 - 01/30/18 07:09 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Donny, to me it's not the money itself, because if Genos are as good as some say, I'll keep it and have lots of fun for many many years. Cost divided to years will most likely be a cheep price for the fun. wink
What make me ask if it's really worth the price, is the huge pricegap between the TOTL competitors as i.e PA4X-76.
Is genos that much better that it defend the extra dollars?

What made me pull the trigger:
1 - Got a OK deal, my T4 are a part of it.
2 - Desided not to add PA4 at this point, but rather try stay at one single keyboard/brand.
3 - All the Yamaha software already present in my archive.
4 - Genos is the Yamaha arranger that in my ears sounds best by now, the 76 keys and it looks just great.

But,
if the delivery are going to be dealyed much more than a couple of weeks, it's big chances we're heading for another pricedrop, and a new deal can be even better than this one. wink

EDIT:
Just got confirmed that Genos, speakers and some "in pack stuff" is ready to ship from the dealer, and will be picked up tomorrow.
Well, it's going to be a exciting weekend. smile

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (01/30/18 08:58 AM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445628 - 01/30/18 08:09 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If I had years left to live, I would have purchased the very first Genos that came in Frank's store. In reality, the price is not all that high and during the years I was still on stage, I spent far more than that on gasoline to and from the jobs alone.

Like nearly everyone on this forum, I have not had the opportunity to pass my aging fingers over the Genos. However, from everything I have heard in the way of demos, it appears to be the most amazing arranger keyboard ever.

That said, I know of three Genos owners that either sold theirs, or returned them for a refund. In all three instances, the chief complaint was that it was not set up for an onstage entertainer. However, in digging deeper into their reasons it turned out that none of the three used the very features that made it easier to perform on stage and transition from one song to another in a timely manner. They did not use registrations or the song list, but instead, selected each style from the listings at the top of their sheet music that they stored on their I-pads or tablets. None of them could play without having sheet music in front of them, and only one provided vocals. All. however, agreed it was the best sounding keyboard they have ever heard.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445629 - 01/30/18 08:18 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

A $1500.00 price drop would blow every Genos unit out of the warehouses & stores for sure...

#445631 - 01/30/18 08:31 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Gary. Knowing the reasons for disapproval makes a whole lot of difference. as the reasons wouldn't affect us.

#445632 - 01/30/18 08:35 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Does anyone know if the Genos does a good job of displaying scores on Midifiles like the Pa4X. My 970 does a half assed job, but nothing like the Korg.

#445633 - 01/30/18 09:23 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
A $1500.00 price drop would blow every Genos unit out of the warehouses & stores for sure...

Yep, a 40 percent price reduction would probably have the same effect on a new Maserati, too. wink

Gary cool

#445634 - 01/30/18 09:32 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By Dnj

Yep, a 40 percent price reduction would probably have the same effect on a new Maserati, too. wink

Gary cool

but in the long run you'd sell so many more in shorter time...
which = more profit. wink

#445636 - 01/30/18 10:04 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Having been in the retail business for many years, I can assure that it just doesn't work that way, Donny. You sell a few more, not lots more, the profit margin is very small, but the amount of work and overhead remains the same. It would be akin to lowering your price to $50 an hour for performances, and working twice as many jobs - whoops! What's wrong with this picture? wink

All the best,

Gary cool

#445637 - 01/30/18 10:56 AM Re: Genos on the way [Re: guitpic1]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
You wil be pleased with the Genos , after 3 months i dont want to mis it ,
but it was a big "struggle"to get al my registrations and voices in the right way .
I wait hopefully fore the "Great" Update , to solve some issues ( register , voice saving, not working Compressor , freezing while editing ) but it is sounding so nice :-)

Impuls

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online