Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#464207 - 01/04/19 01:31 PM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

I got an answer from the Camelot development team today
I asked about for possible support for arranger like Genos and pa4x

They are looking into it..
But so far they found arrangers are much harder to implement then standard synths and stage piano’s
They are still trying to find out if its possible at all to add access to the many features of top arrangers..

Offcourse you can allways set them up as midi ports..
But i guess keystage is much more suited to do this..

Edited by Bachus (01/04/19 01:33 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464212 - 01/05/19 01:29 AM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Since these are not DAWs, which ones are suggested for IOS and pc. I am a little hazy on the role of a DAW as opposed to Audiobus(IOS), and Gig Performer(pc).I have the sample libraries about done, but have to put them in motion, as in sequencing, etc.

Sorry to butt in on your and Torches conversation, but I am trying to learn this.

#464214 - 01/05/19 06:13 AM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Since these are not DAWs, which ones are suggested for IOS and pc. I am a little hazy on the role of a DAW as opposed to Audiobus(IOS), and Gig Performer(pc).I have the sample libraries about done, but have to put them in motion, as in sequencing, etc.

Sorry to butt in on your and Torches conversation, but I am trying to learn this.

Actually, you need to think much akin to the pa4x..

On the pa4x, there are styles/songs/backings
And there are keyboardsets..

You need to keep those things seperate...

Audiobus is what you could use as the glue..
And then you could use midiflow(splitter) inside audiobus or AUM for creating the keyboardsets

Next to that you will need a sequencer connected to audiobus, for the songs/backings..
I personally use beatmaker 3 for creating a backing, and record it as a song in cubasis or garageband (using audiobus again for connecting both daws)... but you could just about use any daw To complete the whole recording process (like korg gadget, or the afformentioned 2)..

After recording things, you connect the daw with the backingfile to an audiochannel in audiobus... and combine them with the created keyboardset for playing live...

You allready notice its a lot of work...
Thats where for me hardware/arrangers/workstaions come in, they have a lot of pre created content.. so in general i will se the arranger for playing styles/songs multipads..

And use the ipad/daw for 2 things...
1) as a tool for creating (midi or audio) that i can use in the arranger
2) as a sound expansion/module for mostly keyboard parts..

Hope this helps...

#464216 - 01/05/19 06:49 AM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Torch]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
For the folks here that are non Apple users..(and don't want Apples hand in our pocket) :)… I use an Android app that does much the same as we have been discussing.... and more, with just a single app.. The "Pro" version cost $4.50 The key difference with the Pro version Midi out.. with acceptable latency..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bytebolt.midiloops&hl=en

You can use your own sound fonts, the supplied sound fonts, or midi out to your hardware
, in my case the Integra7 and Ketron SD1000 plus..

The other App I use for all types of file playback , edits, lyrics is Winlive Pro ( $3.49)..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.promusicsoftware.winlivepro&hl=en_US

Check these two out... they have my stamp of approval grin

My everyday carry phone is much more... it is my best back up with great apps in the music department..

As an example... for you guys that are getting lazy as you get older grin, I could take my phone and my Marantz Voice Rover .. and do a senior gig... battery powered and no wires... Bluetooth.. Wireless mic.

Set up time 20 seconds..

Edited by Fran Carango (01/05/19 07:26 AM)

#464217 - 01/05/19 08:05 AM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
For the folks here that are non Apple users..(and don't want Apples hand in our pocket) :)… I use an Android app that does much the same as we have been discussing.... and more, with just a single app.. The "Pro" version cost $4.50 The key difference with the Pro version Midi out.. with acceptable latency..

You can use your own sound fonts, the supplied sound fonts, or midi out to your hardware

The other App I use for all types of file playback , edits, lyrics is Winlive Pro ( $3.49)..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.promusicsoftware.winlivepro&hl=en_US

My everyday carry phone is much more... it is my best back up with great apps in the music department..

As an example... for you guys that are getting lazy as you get older grin, I could take my phone and my Marantz Voice Rover .. and do a senior gig... battery powered and no wires... Bluetooth.. Wireless mic.

Set up time 20 seconds..

Why the aversion against apple?

For professional music apps, (except sheet readin) google is no good option..
95% of the stuff you really really want is only available on apple..
And there is good reasons for that..(which been discussed many times before)

You either choose a windows tablet or an ipad if you want a mobile device ready for serious music creation and production.

Oh and the ipad is cheeper then most windows tablets capable of handling serious music production..

Google as done nothing at all in the last 5 years for tablets, they concentrate onbile phones only. Sure if you want sheet music reading and internet browsing and google tablet will do, but its better not to go beyound that.

#464219 - 01/05/19 11:55 AM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bachus
Thanks a lot for the very valuable lesson on structure elements. It is a big help.
Bernie

#464220 - 01/05/19 12:18 PM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

Set up time 20 seconds..

You either choose a windows tablet or an ipad if you want a mobile device ready for serious music creation and production.

Oh and the ipad is cheeper then most windows tablets capable of handling serious music production..

Google as done nothing at all in the last 5 years for tablets, they concentrate onbile phones only. Sure if you want sheet music reading and internet browsing and google tablet will do, but its better not to go beyound that.

I do not have a dislike for quality music programs .. be it android or Apple..

Apple interest is making money.. no updates, they want you to upgrade.. And look at the history of iTunes.. I don't ever want Apple to have the control they have over their customers..

I am inclined to disagree with you about Apple overwhelming Android in music programs..

Apple folks have a tendency to look past the many short comings of ios and only look at the positives..

Just preferences... I will keep PC and Android..

#464225 - 01/05/19 01:01 PM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Set up time 20 seconds..

I do not have a dislike for quality music programs .. be it android or Apple..

Apple interest is making money.. no updates, they want you to upgrade.. And look at the history of iTunes.. I don't ever want Apple to have the control they have over their customers..

I am inclined to disagree with you about Apple overwhelming Android in music programs..

Apple folks have a tendency to look past the many short comings of ios and only look at the positives..

Just preferences... I will keep PC and Android..

I think every company is trying to make as much money as possible.. not just apple..

Now apple isnt cheap but next to make money they have other pinpoints
-try to make the best user experience possible
-make programming apps less time consuming, and so make it cheaper

But tha apple trie to force you allways into buying the latest hardware is nonsense
There is no company that keeps supporting their old hardware with updates as lon as apple.. my 5 year old apple iphone 6 is still on the latest software version.. and runs quite well...

Other point is, there is no 2nd hand market as the apple iphone and ipad market. After 2 years, you can sell your gear still for hundreds of dollars, where android gear by that time has lost most of its vallue..

#464226 - 01/05/19 01:06 PM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Bachus
Thanks a lot for the very valuable lesson on structure elements. It is a big help.
Bernie

Glad incould help you,
Keep asking, i may have more answers

#464227 - 01/05/19 01:26 PM Re: Software and hardware integration [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Fran... I will keep PC and Android..

+1

Edited by Dnj (01/05/19 01:30 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online