Topic Options
#445793 - 02/02/18 11:35 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: saxxman]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#445795 - 02/02/18 11:53 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: guitpic1]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Good news...don't be too quick to rush back...get your rest to keep your immune system up.

#445797 - 02/02/18 12:03 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Great news, Don ... Now get out of that bug infested hospital ...

#445812 - 02/02/18 01:53 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By DonM
Better news today...it seems the antibiotics are working and it looks as if surgery won't be necessary......
Bad news is that my son and grandson, who live with us, both have the flu, so I'll have to be extremely careful. Of course most everyone in this hospital has it too so . . . smile

Great to hear it goes the right direction Don. smile
If the flu in your area is as bad as it is around here this year, you better take extra good care.
It's a hard one, I've been hit two times, first 4 weeks, then I thought now it's over, but no, hit again before finishline, and now it's the 3 week at this round. crazy frown

Get well soon!
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445813 - 02/02/18 04:01 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I talked with Don earlier today, his IV line went bad, and the staffers had trouble finding a good vein, so they had someone coming in from the hematology department to see if they could find a good vein and infuse him with the final bottle of IV antibiotics, then when that was finished, the plan was, hopefully, to send him home. He will go home with packing and a Penrose drain, which a home health nurse will take care on a daily basis until the infection stops draining and the packing can be removed and allow the wound to close on it's own. It's a nasty, very dangerous infection.

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445818 - 02/02/18 05:04 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I talked with Don earlier today, his IV line went bad, and the staffers had trouble finding a good vein, so they had someone coming in from the hematology department to see if they could find a good vein and infuse him with the final bottle of IV antibiotics, then when that was finished, the plan was, hopefully, to send him home. He will go home with packing and a Penrose drain, which a home health nurse will take care on a daily basis until the infection stops draining and the packing can be removed and allow the wound to close on it's own. It's a nasty, very dangerous infection.

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool

Gary thanx for the update,.....
I pray for only good things for Don to come .....

#445822 - 02/02/18 06:00 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well they are keeping me in hospital until at least Monday. Want to continue the IV antibiotics and be safe.

#445827 - 02/02/18 06:13 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Safe is good! Hey, they were the ones that screwed up to begin with. smile I know these things because I'm old and infirmed, but I remember lots of neat $hit from all those years in medicine. smile

Get well, old friend. The wonderful world of music needs you back in action.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445828 - 02/02/18 06:51 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I echo Garyโ€™s comments, safe is good. Get well soon and Iโ€™m sure you will. Below is a story of a friend of mine and heโ€™s going strong today.

I have a lifelong friend who I started 1st grade with, we have remained friends 61 years now, heโ€™s 66. At age 65 he was given a choice, have an LVAD operation or gamble on how long his heart would keep beating. The short of it is they had to replace his left ventricle heart valve with a pump to keep his heart going. He always needs to be hooked up to batteries that he wears on a specially designed vest, he needs to keep back up batteries. He also had to have a generator installed at his house in event of a power failure, no power the heart stops beating.

Iโ€™m relating this because Louie is living an active life today, despite having a couple of trips back to hospital for set backs one was an infection heโ€™s now back doing volunteer work 3 days per week.

#445844 - 02/03/18 06:05 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
broker22 Offline

Another set back Don that sucks get better soon we are all praying for you. Cal

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online