SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#445306 - 01/23/18 01:44 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Love Willie, but you already knew that. What a lot of people DON'T know is that Willie wrote or co-wrote a ton of those great R&B tunes from the 60's and 70's. So what if he had a little 'weed' to help his creativity smile. I guess I just like his 'outlaw with a heart of gold' image.

chas

#445307 - 01/23/18 02:01 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don don't they have "UBER" in Shreveport?....just sayin'

#445316 - 01/23/18 02:33 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Carol has been cutting my hair for the past 50 years. Maybe it's time to buy Susan a clipper set. The ladies are usually pretty good at cutting hair, even on guys. smile

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445324 - 01/23/18 04:17 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Don don't they have "UBER" in Shreveport?....just sayin'

Uber drivers are afraid to drive in Shreveport after dark! Well, it's almost that bad.
I have considered that but haven't checked it out yet.
Right now one of my sons gets off work at 10:00 p.m., so he could come give me a ride home with only five minutes out of the way. However his schedule will change first of the month.
Another son gets off at about 11:30 p.m. so I could wait for him, but that would keep me there an extra 30-60 minutes. We'll figure it out though.
I plan to go back Friday and Saturday this week.

#445325 - 01/23/18 04:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Carol has been cutting my hair for the past 50 years. Maybe it's time to buy Susan a clipper set. The ladies are usually pretty good at cutting hair, even on guys. smile

Gary

Susan is great at many things, including carpentry even! But she ain't gettin' close to my hair. Not so worried about the hair, but I need my ears! smile Her sister had five sons and she is really good at haircuts, so maybe she'll come by and do it.
Otherwise I can call the Sheriff dept. and they will send a Reserve car to take me, believe it or not. They already offered to take me wherever I need to go, when I called to tell them I couldn't patrol for at least 3 months. But I wouldn't ask them to take me to Shreveport, it's out of our Parish and about 20 miles from my house.
Maybe I'll be a long-haired country boy again!

#445602 - 01/29/18 10:37 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Don

If you travel, make sure you avoid those Magnets that TSA and other like Federal buildings have, and or the machines that do the CAT Scan.

I guess, I was fortuned, I was able to drive, my doctor did not include that, he told me only no lifting over 10 pounds for a while, do some walking, and try to eat healthy.

I have Medtronics unit, and every 3 months I get a check up, by the way, I learn that my unit can make a sound like the european Police cars, I I hear that, I must remain calm, and immediately, go to a hospital, as a precaution, and notify the Doctor.

Since I had the implants, I have gone couple times to México, Buena Park California, etc....and so far in the last reading I still have 8 and a half years of work,
Please take care, and keep us posted.

Manuel Dorantes

#445604 - 01/29/18 11:10 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thank you Manuel. That is encouraging! I enjoyed your video from NAMM show!

#445641 - 01/30/18 11:21 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Don:

Great to see you up and around. Does your Doc understand what you do at Ernest's? Unless you have medical conditions we don't know about, most of these surgeries require only two or three weeks before driving is allowed. (The exception being "Commercial Drivers or Airline Pilots"... LOL!) All of us know you can fly... but I'll bet if you had a conversation with the Doc... You just might get that "permission slip" you need to prevent all this anxiety... which is probably worse for you than doing what you wanna do! (Standard disclaimer issued here... I'm no Doc... but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express! LOL!)

All the best... ----Dave Rice

#445647 - 01/30/18 12:29 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Hi Dave,
They are just giving time to be certain the device is functioning properly and won't go off unexpectedly. It might be dangerous for other vehicles on the road if it did.
I'm thinking when I go back in a month (3 weeks now) he might say go ahead and drive.
Thank you my friend!

#445659 - 01/30/18 04:03 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

As long as it doesn't suddenly throw in a key change into your Korg halfway through a number:). Good to see you up and about.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online