SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#445272 - 01/23/18 08:43 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: saxxman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Let's see! A slightly compromised level of activity. That means you're a "sitting duck" for my continuous line of harassment.

OH BOY...OH BOY!

What a great, positive attitude you have. Please don't scare us like that anytime soon. What would I do with the Cushman if anything happened to you?

Russ

#445279 - 01/23/18 09:43 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Glad to hear your fast recovery Don.
Praise the Almighty!

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#445281 - 01/23/18 09:48 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks again to everyone. I truly appreciate the concern and hope to get better quickly.

#445282 - 01/23/18 09:50 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Good to see you've entered the boring stage, Don:

Gary has provided some great advice. While you are bored, sitting around the house... do some recording of that great vocal ability you possess. I'd love to have you do a couple of (free covers) from my ASCAP Registered Catalog. You pick the genre and I'll send you the chord and lyric sheets plus an MP3 file of my original or a demo someone has done for me in the past.

Just a thought to help you fight the extreme boredom. No schedule, no strings. Country, Pop, R&B, Blues, Americana and Easy listening. If you like what you record, I'd like copies to pitch to labels and producers for their artists albums... and you will have some songs for your Ernest's repertoire. It could be a "win-win" deal for all concerned. How 'bout it, Pal?

For starters, listen to the six songs I have listed this week at my Dave Rice page at ShowCaseYourMusic.com

See if there's anything there you might like to try.

All my best... and no pressure.

----Dave Rice

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the site. I still don't have any of my gear at home. It's all still at the job and two friends are using the p.a. to fill in for me. If I don't go back soon, I'll pick up the PA4X so I'll have it at home.

#445284 - 01/23/18 10:02 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Thanks again to everyone. I truly appreciate the concern and hope to get better quickly.

it takes time to recover Don.....
enjoy the time off and GET WELL REAL SOON.....at least you can play at home work out new material etc, etc, .....

#445288 - 01/23/18 10:25 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the site. I still don't have any of my gear at home. It's all still at the job and two friends are using the p.a. to fill in for me. If I don't go back soon, I'll pick up the PA4X so I'll have it at home.

So it took TWO guys to fill in for you ... not surprised ... wink
So glad you're doing better, Don ...
Still praying for you, and Susan ...

#445292 - 01/23/18 10:58 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Dnj]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I am glad that you are OK....now "we" have something in common, I also have an implanted combo pacemaker & Defibrillator...and every 3 months I have a check with the Medtronics people to monitor the devise.

I had mine implanted December 3th of 2015, and yes, you have to be careful.
With time, I got back to almost my regular pace, I did change my PA systems to a much lighter ones (BOse Compacts and Maui LD5s, and only on big events, the Bose F1812s), but, those are far apart.

Take care and stick to veggies, protein, very light or almost nothing on carbs...

Manuel

#445297 - 01/23/18 11:35 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: mdorantes]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By mdorantes
I am glad that you are OK....now "we" have something in common, I also have an implanted combo pacemaker & Defibrillator...and every 3 months I have a check with the Medtronics people to monitor the devise.

I had mine implanted December 3th of 2015, and yes, you have to be careful.
With time, I got back to almost my regular pace, I did change my PA systems to a much lighter ones (BOse Compacts and Maui LD5s, and only on big events, the Bose F1812s), but, those are far apart.

Take care and stick to veggies, protein, very light or almost nothing on carbs...

Manuel

That is very encouraging Manuel. Thank you. My equipment is already very light weight... Maui 5s, PA4X. The keyboard is the heaviest thing I use, and there is always a guy waiting to load and unload my gear anyway, at least where I usually work. I probably won't be taking any other jobs until next Christmas.
Right now, not being able to drive is the main drawback.
A few minutes ago I decided I needed a haircut, and then realized I have to wait for someone to take me there.

#445302 - 01/23/18 01:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

A few minutes ago I decided I needed a haircut, and then realized I have to wait for someone to take me there.

...or, you could just go "Willie Nelson".

smile smile

chas

#445303 - 01/23/18 01:30 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Willie has soul too you know! His guitar playing is unique and under-rated. I think I'll get a hair cut though. smile
Thanks Chas.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online