SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#445157 - 01/22/18 07:07 AM Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa ..
Dnj Offline

This is whats happening today out there use your arranger KB to record & sing to your own backing tracks,...... dances, cruise ships, block parties, festivals, NH's, etc,.. just entertain them and they love it!

Edited by Dnj (01/22/18 07:17 AM)

#445162 - 01/22/18 08:15 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You notice, the entertainer is ignored in the street performance video grin

He is there for ambience, just filling in the dead space..

Personally I would not want to see this kind of entertainment.. Sure I have many times supporting friends that use this method (most are female singers I know)..

This concept is karaoke...

While I am on the entertainment subject.... The reason I would "want" to see a band or solo act is musicianship as in playing with some skill..

Vocals are totally over-rated... the average singer is just that ,, average. smile

After 4 or 5 songs I am bored by vocals... the only saving grace to me is their ability to perform on instruments too..

Sing to a laptop...I'll pass.. if I have a choice..

Now I could sit through a couple sets with good players... A jazz guitarist that can play... great chords that get my attention wink

Or a piano player that does the same.... or a sax that sounds like it is singing..
That drummer that shows me what brushes are for... and a bass player that is on the same page as the drummer.. smile

#445163 - 01/22/18 08:29 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
KARAOKE can be fun when have a private party, but as entertainment to replace live musicians?
Not! No, thank you!

Ask them to play a common sing along song on the fly, or add a verse and refrain when people have fun and want more.......
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445166 - 01/22/18 08:34 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

And the fact that the backing are played and recorded by the singers talents on an arranger etc, means nothing? vs a commercial karaoke... File.... It's a new world out there embrace it all I say and mix it up.. karaoke is a totally different animal then singing and entertaining to your own recorded custom arranged backing track music which is done world wide in the biggest venues internationally everywhere...

Edited by Dnj (01/22/18 12:04 PM)

#445167 - 01/22/18 08:42 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
And the fact that the backing are played and recorded by the singers talents on an arranger etc, means nothing? vs a commercial karaoke... File.... It's a new world out there embrace it all I say and mix it up..

Donny very few if any record their own backing tracks...even with an arranger...

#445168 - 01/22/18 08:58 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I create my own backing tracks with arrangers (and Band In A Box). Never once have I bought or used a commercial track. I want my tracks personalized with specific keys, arrangements, tempos, intros, modulations, number of choruses, and all the rest. “Roll” my own.

#445169 - 01/22/18 08:59 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

True, Fran. And even if a guy is making his own backing tracks, who would know? And would they even care anyway if they did know?

Call it what it basically is: Karaoke. Yes, I know it's out there and it takes all sorts, but I'll pass on it, too.

#445170 - 01/22/18 09:00 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I used to record all of mine and never used them except for the seldom stand up show and then never more than 2 or 3. I am first and foremost a player and fair singer but times are changing so I now use whatever it takes to get the job done. That means midi karoake tracks of which I play over top of or
anything else it takes to make my crowd happy. I now play every song even if tracks are playing. They are tools. Use them.

MEL

#445171 - 01/22/18 09:08 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj
And the fact that the backing are played and recorded by the singers talents on an arranger etc, means nothing? vs a commercial karaoke... File.... It's a new world out there embrace it all I say and mix it up..

Well, all work when make the tracs etc. is sure worth something, no doubt, and also very useable in some occasions.
But, to entertain in a live setting, wedding or at a saturday dancefloor and take requests or singalongs, even add a verse and refrain on the fly when people are in real good mood?
Show me how you do that without any: "Oh yes, just a minute or ten, I have to seek in my database first" confused
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445175 - 01/22/18 09:49 AM Re: Entertaining today with just Laptop, Mic & Pa .. [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
You have to use the right tool for the job. You don't use a hammer to drive in a screw. If you need to play a dance and they are dancing play live, but if to have too at least you have a track handy to bail you out. That's all i'm saying.

MEL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online