SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#444064 - 01/05/18 04:30 PM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Don’t rush in just yet! I’ll be interested to see what Korg does in reply to Genos, and by then all features should be implemented and pricing normalised. It will be interesting!!!

#444702 - 01/14/18 01:01 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
KeyboardByBiggs Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Are these from the styles on the YamahaMusicSoft website?

#444707 - 01/14/18 02:47 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi my friend,

Yes, I purchased those. Extremely happy with them.

All the best,

Henni

#444709 - 01/14/18 03:16 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Henni you are not alone in your discovery; I too have found a world of beauty in in Yamaha styles and keyboard. The more I dig into my S970 the more it is becoming one of my favorites. (My taste)

Some of Yamaha’s OS is similar to Technics; although I owned a Psr 910 and a Tyros 3 I never took the time to appreciate it.

John C.
PS, There one thing that Fran Carango taught me – you cannot learn the true value of a keyboard without spending the time to learn all that they put into it.

#445028 - 01/19/18 02:10 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi John C,

The Yamaha guitars are simply AMAZING!!! Almost every possible guitar type/effect/combination can be found in there. For me these are really valuable. Also, using Padmaker, any good style part can simply be turned into a multipad. Just think of the possibilities here...

Took me awhile to organize all my styles, multipads, registrations and voices and to load the best possible pack voices unto the onboard memory. All of this is finally completed and now I can focus purely to the making of music.

The latest SD9 demos no longer impress me in the least. The audio stuff is great, but gets repetitive after a while and all I now hear is mostly the same old Audya stuff that I'm so used to after spending eight years with it. It used to turn me on, but I now long for new styles and voices and in this regard Yamaha does not disappoint me.

In any case, this is what turns me on right now. I have not had something new for a while and the change is simply great for me personally. I still have the Audya and intend to keep it until Ketron comes up with something really more modern & impressive (to my liking at least). Instead of just modifying the existing Audya audio loops, they should have rather kept those as is and spent the time and money on creating completely new loops to add to those. (The only really new loop I hear is the country guitar loop - the rest sound more or less the same than what is on the Audya as is) They should have recorded many more different guitar loops, featuring more guitar effects. Also I expected many more human voices audio loops. The potential is there, it is just not utilized in full.

All the best my friend,

Henni

#445037 - 01/19/18 07:11 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
Hi John C,

The Yamaha guitars are simply AMAZING!!! Almost every possible guitar type/effect/combination can be found in there. For me these are really valuable. Also, using Padmaker, any good style part can simply be turned into a multipad. Just think of the possibilities here...

Took me awhile to organize all my styles, multipads, registrations and voices and to load the best possible pack voices unto the onboard memory. All of this is finally completed and now I can focus purely to the making of music.

The latest SD9 demos no longer impress me in the least. The audio stuff is great, but gets repetitive after a while and all I now hear is mostly the same old Audya stuff that I'm so used to after spending eight years with it. It used to turn me on, but I now long for new styles and voices and in this regard Yamaha does not disappoint me.

In any case, this is what turns me on right now. I have not had something new for a while and the change is simply great for me personally. I still have the Audya and intend to keep it until Ketron comes up with something really more modern & impressive (to my liking at least). Instead of just modifying the existing Audya audio loops, they should have rather kept those as is and spent the time and money on creating completely new loops to add to those. (The only really new loop I hear is the country guitar loop - the rest sound more or less the same than what is on the Audya as is) They should have recorded many more different guitar loops, featuring more guitar effects. Also I expected many more human voices audio loops. The potential is there, it is just not utilized in full.

All the best my friend,

Henni

Sometimes you need to change direction. Its what keeps you hungry and enthousiastic..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#445041 - 01/19/18 09:23 AM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Robbo]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By Robbo
Don’t rush in just yet! I’ll be interested to see what Korg does in reply to Genos, and by then all features should be implemented and pricing normalised. It will be interesting!!!

Very true !!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#445052 - 01/19/18 12:13 PM Re: I MUST have a Genos! [Re: Bachus]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Henni
Hi John C,

All the best my friend,

Henni

Sometimes you need to change direction. Its what keeps you hungry and enthousiastic..

Bachus ... you're right ... and the same applies to companies too ... being creative, innovative and doing new things to attract new customers :-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online