SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#445024 - 01/18/18 08:09 PM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Love it. What Korg beat was that?
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Thanks guys ... I was a little surprised at the comments about the 'reggae style', although I can see why you think that ... but the Style comes from the Pa900 'Funk and Soul' group and is called 'Funky Sisters' BPM 102 ... not being familiar with all the funk/soul songs, after listening a few times to the style's first intro and ending, I could not figure out what the originator had mind for that style ...
Obviously, I slowed the tempo down from the original, and used 1 'hip hop' drum pad, 2 guitar strum pads, and a Shaker/Tambourine pad along with the 4 variations to help 'build it up' as the song progressed ...

Paul ... when I was learning the song I was working on a 'distorted guitar' solo and an organ solo, but when recording i just kept it as a vocal ...
I have no copyright on the 'arrangement' so feel free ... grin

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Tony, is that really you singing? It just doesn't sound like you, well maybe if you recorded it 30 years ago. wink
Gary cool

That was an interesting comment confused1 but yes, it IS me and it was recorded for the first time Tuesday 1/16/18 ... but I've sometimes been told I have a 'young voice' for an old man ...
singer keys

That's the fun of arranger play, using imagination and thinking outside the box.

I love my new setup with the Android. I have my sheets organized for new songs to work on. I can browse youtube on a different thread and listen to the original at the same time through my mixer - so efficient for working on new material.

Thanks Steve!!!

Edited by zuki (01/18/18 08:15 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#445025 - 01/18/18 09:10 PM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
zuki ... After seeing your post above, I take it you have the info you want about the KORG style? ...

#445030 - 01/19/18 06:02 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Yes, reread and saw the style. I unboxed the 1000 yesterday, put my QSC10s on poles and went through the styles again for a couple hours.

Bottom line, nice keyboard and almost a keeper, but moving on to either a backup 3X or maybe a 4X.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#445031 - 01/19/18 06:14 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Yes, reread and saw the style. I unboxed the 1000 yesterday, put my QSC10s on poles and went through the styles again for a couple hours.

Bottom line, nice keyboard and almost a keeper, but moving on to either a backup 3X or maybe a 4X.

I would say a Pa4x is the way to go you will be so glad you did Zuki in so many ways....good luck. You get an A+ for effort keep us posted when the Pa4x arrives if you need help. Take care.

#445032 - 01/19/18 06:19 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I think it works great for a little rawer version. I like both.

Bernie thanx,... so many kool FUNK styles you can use with this song on the EA7 I just searched thru my on-board style finder typed in Funk var 3 & 4..and found this one.
I would like to try it using a Bossa also that would be interesting too,...fun fun fun..take care!

#445033 - 01/19/18 06:32 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I would say a Pa4x is the way to go you will be so glad you did Zuki in so many ways....p.

Can you give a few bullets on where the 4X is better?

#445034 - 01/19/18 06:34 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

I was able to download the Korg Song Editor again last night. I was so happy to be able to do this again. (For some reason, the last version wouldn't let me in).

What a joy to move songs around, tempos, etc..... another reason to just stick with another 3X.

#445035 - 01/19/18 06:59 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I would say a Pa4x is the way to go you will be so glad you did Zuki in so many ways....p.

Zuki remember I also had a pa3x and two pa4x units....besides almost every other KORG arranger since the First one they released in 1980 the SAS 20 personal keyboard lol......ok back to the pa3x vs pa4x in short compared to the Pa4x all the 3x quirkiness is gone on the 4x and it just out of the box sounds better, new styles and fills and sounds are all reworked to a point where you can really hear the difference when playing it hard to explain, tilt display is so nice, clear, bright, to be able to audition styles off the usb is a BIG plus too, songbook is amazing for live playig.....the workflow is improved when editing too. keybed is just right,...sound samples are just better to my ears which in turn equals better styles & sounds all around compared to the 3x. of course there is sooo much more that can be told just go for it, dont double guess yourself, and dont look back, just do your homework when you get it start new you will be surprised at how your music will improve and and all the new stuff you will find inside styles & sounds.. too much to discuss all here..
hope Don M chimes in with more...

Edited by Dnj (01/19/18 10:00 AM)

#445036 - 01/19/18 07:05 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: zuki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Better voices - all new sound - particularly guitars and piano.
Bigger color screen.
New styles and many old ones reworked.
Boots up much faster.
Direct audition styles from USB.
Expanded functions can be assigned to sliders.
No Performances; now just Songbook (improved) and Keysets.
I know there is more but not thinking entirely great here, and I haven't seen the 4X in two weeks now.

#445043 - 01/19/18 09:33 AM Re: Ain't No Sunshine ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Tony:

I was "blown away" by your performance. Super rendition... and a first class vocal. Send more soon!

Mason:

Enjoyed your comments on the 4X... especially since you are in "recovery mode"... that is so-o-o encouraging, my friend.

----Dave Rice

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online