SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#444036 - 01/05/18 06:05 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Don if I used “One bank per song” and I have about 150 songs – and the registration displays ten songs I would have fifteen pages of registrations.

I have a friend who uses the same system with more songs than I use. It would take time to find and select the next song.

John C.
PS, I like the idea, but I must be missing something.

John put a 1 before each song this way the MFD will list all the (1) songs filtered by genre in alphabetical order first on the list as you scroll thru....

Edited by Dnj (01/05/18 06:06 AM)

#444043 - 01/05/18 10:53 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By DonM
I used Registrations only--no Music Finder. I would have one bank per song. That way you can always see a list of the songs, and they were automatically put in alphabetical order.
I used the first Registration of the Bank to call up the style, text, etc., and the voice I wanted to start with. The other seven Regs I only used to have instant access to seven more voices. I would actually have some go-to styles in them, but when the Reg. Freeze was on, only the voices would change--nothing else.
It worked great for me.

Question.

As an example, I might use three registrations for variations on a song(one song per Bank method)

Let’s say I’m playing the first registration of a song and I decide to change tempo. Does that mean I have to go to registration 2, change tempo, save, then go to registration 3 and again change tempo, save?

I’m assuming there is no way for me to save a tempo change to all three registrations at once?

I understand ‘freeze’ might work but I’m not sure I understand it.

Tx

Edited by guitpic1 (01/05/18 10:55 AM)

#444044 - 01/05/18 11:06 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Let’s say I’m playing the first registration of a song and I decide to change tempo. Does that mean I have to go to registration 2, change tempo, save, then go to registration 3 and again change tempo, save?"
If I'm understanding the question, yes, it means that when you originally set up the bank, you will need to set up #1 like you want to start, then make your tempo change, and save that to #2. You can use FREEZE to keep anything else from changing when you use it. Or you can elect to have other factors change. FREEZE is a very powerful function.
Of course Yamaha's archaic system means you have to resave the BANK before you leave it or your changes will be lost.
It's the best way I found to do songs such as Suspicious Minds without using a midi file.
And if you plan to also use any of the other registrations for that song, you'll need to save the proper tempos to them too. Then resave the damned Bank again. smile
Also, as I recall, Yamaha doesn't have a button for Tempo Lock, so be sure that parameter is set properly, since it is difficult to do on the fly.
You will probably make a boo-boo or two, but once you have it done, the work will be over.

#444045 - 01/05/18 11:51 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Tx Don,

That helps. Korg’s Songbook sure makes life easier for this type of thing.

Gotta say though that the S970 is a nice sounding instrument...especially given the price.

And Genos is three times the cost of an S970??? 😳😳😳

#444049 - 01/05/18 01:27 PM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Tx Don,

That helps. Korg’s Songbook sure makes life easier for this type of thing.

Gotta say though that the S970 is a nice sounding instrument...especially given the price.

And Genos is three times the cost of an S970??? 😳😳😳

Baby Genos or whatever they call it (G980) when released at winter/summer NAMM 2018? will be the next exciting arranger to stir the masses......with stiff competition from KORG Pa1000 & others......
hang in there lol

Edited by Dnj (01/05/18 01:28 PM)

#444051 - 01/05/18 01:34 PM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

For me to get interested, the keyboard would have to have:

1. A decent keybed.
2. Sliders
3. Good vocal processor
4. XLR mic hookup.

😊

Edited by guitpic1 (01/05/18 01:43 PM)

#444057 - 01/05/18 03:15 PM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

1. A decent keybed.
2. Sliders
3. Good vocal processor
4. XLR mic hookup.

😊

you already have that stick with what you got KORG Pa4x

#444074 - 01/05/18 11:29 PM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

1. A decent keybed.
2. Sliders
3. Good vocal processor
4. XLR mic hookup.

😊

you already have that stick with what you got KORG Pa4x

Yup

#444725 - 01/14/18 08:24 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: guitpic1]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I started to use Musicfinder exclusively lately:

1. First thing I did was use YamahaRegManager to change all my registrations to a Musicfinder file in one single batch processs.
2. Next I included the key in which the song to be played at the end of each song name entry.
3. Then I rename the styles to the song name and store all these styles in the same folder.
4. All other settings are stored in the OTS settings of the style i.e. volume levels, all voices, nultipad etc.

The above procedure really works GREAT for me!

#444726 - 01/14/18 08:31 AM Re: S970 working With Music Finder and Registration [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Henni

2. Next I included the key in which the song to be played at the end of each song name entry.
!

so I guess Yamaha hasn't updated the MFD to included SAVE SONG TRANSPOSE & Adjustable MFD Font Size YET?... mad Korg songbook is the best..& even the EA7 Saves Transpose using the Finder feature ...

Edited by Dnj (01/14/18 08:33 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online