SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#442743 - 12/18/17 07:43 AM Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I have a set of usb sticks from PNY. The keyboard recognizes usb connection but does not read or respond to commands. No info in file window. i have tried formatting as someone suggested, but no good. I seem to recall some brands are more compatible than others. Can someone give me a specific brand/model that will work? I need to read/play midifiles loaded .

#443650 - 12/31/17 04:08 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: sparky589]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Sparky,

My first Yamaha Keyboard was a Tyros3. I was originally going to get the T2 but the salesman advised me to go for the T3 because a new system had been introduced and because of the change, the T2 would be unable to read anything produced by the T3. Apparently you can go backwards, but not forward.

Audrey Turner

#443788 - 01/02/18 01:13 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Sparky,

Further to your request for information, I have been thinking about it and if you have a User's Manual it might be worth checking whether there are recommended 'makes' of USBs.

When I bought the T3 there was a separate sheet of paper advising me of Yamaha's
recommended manufacturers and size of the USBs to use. If you don't have this information, why not give the Yamaha 'Help Line' a ring. I am sure they'll be only to happy to help.

In conclusion, I'd like to wish you and all our other friends on this site a "HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2018"

Regards to all - Audrey Turner

Edited by Audrey Turner (01/02/18 01:14 PM)

#443980 - 01/04/18 01:33 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: Audrey Turner]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Thanks Audrey. The manual says that some brands may not be compatible, but does not mention any specific brand names. I do believe a power surge during an attempted download to a USB stick previously damaged the USB port resulting in inconsistent operation.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online