Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#443465 - 12/28/17 08:12 PM Peter Baartmans Plays Genos
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6gAxykOvY

The video lasts 52:10. It's in Dutch.

By the way, Happy Holidays to everyone on Synthzone! I'm a little late because I haven't been home lately. smile

#443471 - 12/29/17 02:17 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Mikem]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Thanks for the video find! This kind of demo reminds me of the sales floor demos I used to give!! Peter is such a good musician and he always demos the sound in the playing style that is needed to make it shine.

Happy New Year!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#443474 - 12/29/17 03:27 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

First off...Where are all the younger players?....everyone is sitting around their looking as they are falling asleep looking at heir watches,........saying to themselves "I could never play like him" Yes Genos sounds great but wouldn't making the demo more "customer playing ability friendlier" to induce people to maybe drop 5k on an arranger knowing they too may be able to operate and play on?...
versus watching a master play knowing your not going to sound like that? Just my observations..

#443483 - 12/29/17 05:36 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
First off...Where are all the younger players?....everyone is sitting around their looking as they are falling asleep looking at heir watches,........saying to themselves "I could never play like him" Yes Genos sounds great but wouldn't making the demo more "customer playing ability friendlier" to induce people to maybe drop 5k on an arranger knowing they too may be able to operate and play on?...
versus watching a master play knowing your not going to sound like that? Just my observations..

Thats the typical crowd that visits these events in Holland...

In Germany there you see quite a lot of youngsters playing and visiting keyboard shows...

But overhere in Holland, the youngsters are mostly deejaying, playing guitar or playing piano.. the Genos is mostly out of their budget and not very fashionable among the youngsters..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#443484 - 12/29/17 05:38 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thats the typical crowd that visits these events in Holland...

In Germany there you see quite a lot of youngsters playing and visiting keyboard shows...

But overhere in Holland, the youngsters are mostly deejaying, playing guitar or playing piano.. the Genos is mostly out of their budget and not very fashionable among the youngsters..

I think your TRUE assessment is worldwide also regarding arranger KB's

#443492 - 12/29/17 07:41 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: shueymusic]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Thanks for the video find! This kind of demo reminds me of the sales floor demos I used to give!! Peter is such a good musician and he always demos the sound in the playing style that is needed to make it shine.

Happy New Year!!!

You're welcome! Part of sounding good on an arranger is choosing the right sounds. I've seen so many videos of people playing TOTL arrangers and sounding really bad, because they do not choose appropriate sounds for the song they're playing.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

#443494 - 12/29/17 07:48 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I don't think Yamaha would want Peter Baartmans or other demonstrators to purposely try to make the arrangers sound less than great. Hearing a great demo is what convinces people to want to buy. Deep down, we know we won't sound as good as an expert demonstrator, but we want an arranger that can sound that good.

#443495 - 12/29/17 07:55 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Mikem]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most young people in my part of the world have no interest in anything that requires the learning curve of an arranger keyboard. They tend to thrive on instant gratification objects, I pads, I phones, etc... Some schools no longer have music classes, mainly because of lack of interest. My grandson play a trombone, but really has no interest in music other than playing school concerts with the other kids in his class. Most of his time is spent staring at a touch screen or watching TV, though he plays baseball in the summer little league teams.

Most of the local bands I've seen consist mainly of guitar players and a drummer. Usually one of the guitar players sings as well as play rhythm guitar. It's really rare to see any brass, pianos or organs at all.

I hope when my grandson gets older he switches his priorities, but for some reason I doubt this will happen.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#443496 - 12/29/17 08:00 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem
[quote=Dnj]. [quote]I don't think Yamaha would want Peter Baartmans or other demonstrators to purposely try to make the arrangers sound less than great. Hearing a great demo is what convinces people to want to buy. Deep down, we know we won't sound as good as an expert demonstrator, but we want an arranger that can sound that good.

That said today's arranger KB's pretty much ALL sound good or can be made to suit any player if they so want to. The days of NEWER is better is fading fast..the only thing that should be getting better & better is your playing skills. Happy New Year

#443497 - 12/29/17 08:03 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays Genos [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Most young people in my part of the world have no interest in anything that requires the learning curve of an arranger keyboard. They tend to thrive on instant gratification objects, I pads, I phones, etc... Some schools no longer have music classes, mainly because of lack of interest. My grandson play a trombone, but really has no interest in music other than playing school concerts with the other kids in his class. Most of his time is spent staring at a touch screen or watching TV, though he plays baseball in the summer little league teams.

Most of the local bands I've seen consist mainly of guitar players and a drummer. Usually one of the guitar players sings as well as play rhythm guitar. It's really rare to see any brass, pianos or organs at all.

I hope when my grandson gets older he switches his priorities, but for some reason I doubt this will happen.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary it is what it is I agree, ...we all created what is NOW, we enjoyed our time thru the years, now we pass the torch and enjoy what we have and let the newer generation do what they will it's the way of the world......Happy New Year buddy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online