SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#443398 - 12/27/17 07:05 AM EA7 Questions
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
hi....

I'm interested in the Roland EA7. but naturally have a few ??s

keybed: Same as Juno DS or the FA series?
electric pianos: I usually love Roland EPs -- would these be on par with the ones in the FA?
effects: is there any realtime control over effects like reverb/delay?
audio input: can you incorporate the audio input into USB Audio recording? ie, is it possible to input guitar or saxophone and capture that along with the live keyboard playing?

thanks in advance for any and all insights....

#443399 - 12/27/17 07:09 AM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: tom moon]
Dnj Offline

Talk to SZ Fran Carango...EA7 expert..

#443401 - 12/27/17 07:34 AM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: tom moon]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By tom moon
hi....

electric pianos: I usually love Roland EPs -- would these be on par with the ones in the FA?
audio input: can you incorporate the audio input into USB Audio recording? ie, is it possible to input guitar or saxophone and capture that along with the live keyboard playing?

Yes to all your questions...

The EP's are some of the best... Pure EP is the best (real Rhodes).. Back to the 60's is also great..

Reverb and Delay control is easy a button push away and balance knob works as a data wheel..

#443407 - 12/27/17 08:16 AM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
hi....

Yes to all your questions...

The EP's are some of the best... Pure EP is the best (real Rhodes).. Back to the 60's is also great..

Reverb and Delay control is easy a button push away and balance knob works as a data wheel..

#443425 - 12/27/17 02:10 PM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: Dnj]
tom moon Offline

thanks all...

Fran, you're right those EPs are great. some I recognize the names from Fantom days...

looks like there's no way to update this board via the Roland Axial thing -- is that right?

I sure wish Roland would apply its excellent DSP stuff (VR 09, FA series) to an arranger. 1 or 2 assignable knobs like korg even would be great. even the Casio has that! do you EA7 owners generally like the effects and the ease of applying/changing them?

thanks

#443426 - 12/27/17 02:17 PM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: tom moon]
Dnj Offline

Tom the makeup toll make it very easy to change all perimeters on the E&7 if needed..why the need to change effects live?

#443438 - 12/27/17 07:22 PM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: tom moon]
tom moon Offline

Mostly tempo delays and stuff like that — to create weirdness by going out of phase, etc

#443443 - 12/28/17 06:41 AM Re: EA7 Questions [Re: tom moon]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY

looks like there's no way to update this board via the Roland Axial thing -- is that right?

That is right-short of buying an FA series board and resampling somehow it to the E-A7s proprietary format. I have no idea why Roland doesn't sell samples for the E-A7 taken from the sounds they already have in their library. How much work would that be? Just another indication (IMO) that they have put arrangers on the "back burner."

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online