SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#442787 - 12/18/17 03:42 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I don't get it, and wouldn't have asked if I didn't remember reading something about brand compatibility before. The drives in question were 16g and only had 6-8 midifiles loaded. Could be the Tyros at this point. Is formatting absolutely required with usb?

#442788 - 12/18/17 03:46 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: sparky589]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony your PA900 has a hidden SD card slot on the back.... use it... just as good as USB drive..

#442789 - 12/18/17 03:53 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: sparky589]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Also the SD card and USB drives will show as external drives on the PC via USB.

No need to remove them..

#442790 - 12/18/17 04:00 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thanks much, Fran ...

#442791 - 12/18/17 04:07 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: sparky589]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sparky, the drives usually come pre-formatted. However, some have their own operating system, which must be removed on the PC before the Tyros can read or write to them. After removing the drive OS, then format the drive using the Tyros.

If you are using the original OS of the Tyros and have not updated, the root directory of the USB can hold 250 files or folders and each folder can hold 250 files, at least that's what I remember from way back when the T2 first became available. There was something in the user manual that provided that information.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442795 - 12/18/17 06:02 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Sandisk has their secure access folder. the other drive I was using has wmp device folder. Strangely, I got the sandisk to read from rear usb slot but not from front (both dedicated to devices). next attempt I could not see the files I saw and listened to earlier. They are still on the stick. It seems like a problem with the T2, randomly recognizing and accessing the folders/files, then not. Data is good. Same on two different sticks. Tried powering on and off a few times. It has to be something quirky...like the time power went off and back on a couple times within about 10-15 seconds in house when my friend was backing up reg info to usb stick. lost a couple of custom sounds that afternoon..probably fried something in port/board..probably require a repair that's not worth it. And where do you go for something like that in NJ?

#442799 - 12/18/17 08:11 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: sparky589]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You can only see the files if you have selected them from the area where those files are normally located. For example, you cannot see style files while you are in the song category - you can only see them while in the style file category of the keyboard. You cannot see voice files while in the style category - again, you can only see them while in the voice category.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442803 - 12/18/17 08:54 PM Re: Compatible USB thumbdrive for Tyros 2 [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

No luck- tried everything, looked everywhere. You know what would help- an up to date model keyboard...from a brand starting with "K"...not at holiday time though...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online