SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#442536 - 12/15/17 09:32 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I tried to listen with an open mind, and actually found myself preferring the Korg sounds, with the exception of the guitars. Korg guitars are really nice, and can most likely be shaped to sound even better, but Yamaha seems to do more with the presets, making editing unnecessary.
As mentioned, there isn't enough difference to get excited over; the real test would be the sound of the styles.

#442537 - 12/15/17 09:54 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I have to definitely agree w/Don! With a few exceptions, both instruments sound great to my ears. And when you consider the level of "listening" that most audiences lend, yikes.... doubt anyone would note the differences in sounds.

With respect to styles though, there will likely definitely be some noticeable diffs there. Puts us back to a question of preference again. I am very happy w/both Yammie and Korg on my team and I love them both for what they do differently. I am waiting to see how some of the new converted Genos styles might sound on my S970 and hoping for the best in that department.

Thanks for posting the video - two great boards for sure!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#442544 - 12/15/17 12:28 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Playing a Genos is believing, I got to demo one side by side at Frankieve’s store the You Tube demos get the point across and they are both outstanding boards, it’s tough to make a decision one over the other. I particularly liked on the Genos the Resonator Guitar and the Pedal Steel. Nothing like the twang you can get with the Resanator Guitar. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No bad choices just personal preferences as we all know.

#442547 - 12/15/17 12:38 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Brother Steve - for sure! I'd probably already have a Genos if they came w/61 keys.... maybe the next round of PSR siblings will include some of the new niceties!

Stay out of the snow up there!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#442555 - 12/15/17 01:25 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
No bad choices just personal preferences

Words to live by.

chas

#442564 - 12/15/17 04:06 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3