SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#442575 - 12/15/17 08:36 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Whimps! All of ya!
My job was cancelled, so I went to see Star Wars tonight, and the theater was packed! (with geeks, like myself)
(cue music...) "Oh the weather outside's DELIGHTFUL.."
smile

#442579 - 12/15/17 09:20 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

smile

... as long as you are inside, where the FIRE is so delightful ... wink

#442585 - 12/16/17 02:27 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
.....He said he is going back and this time will be in Stockholm. ...

Stocholm is a beautiful city in a wonderful landscape. I think you would love to be there in the spring and summertime sailing your yacht around the countless islands that is the part of and also surround the city.

No place like Scandinavia in the summertime, but I would rather spend the winter at the sunny and warm Canary Islands. Dreams for the retirement part of life ..... almost there if look at the calendar.
Take care, beware of the slippery white stuff. Broken legs heal much faster at youngsters they say. wink smile laugh
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#442587 - 12/16/17 04:35 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tried to post a picture from my iPad...winter in MN...couldn’t get it to work.

#442592 - 12/16/17 07:27 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
zuki Offline

Wife and I change cars in bad weather. I took off for Cincinnati (no weather to speak of) last week in my Jeep and she got buried in Michigan with her sub compact. Oops....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#442593 - 12/16/17 07:43 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

smile

... as long as you are inside, where the FIRE is so delightful ... wink

Like I said ... whimps!
smile

#442597 - 12/16/17 08:19 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

Like I said ... whimps!
smile

....which begs the question, is it 'whimps' or 'wimps'? I googled it and .....

"The original and still by far the most common spelling of this common bit of slang meaning “weakling, coward,” is “wimp.” If you use the much less common “whimp” instead, people may regard you as a little wimpy.May 19, 2016"

smile smile

chas

#442598 - 12/16/17 08:20 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just wanted to give Mark a TRUE example of taking a post 'south'.

smile smile

chas

#442607 - 12/16/17 09:55 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... meanwhile, back to the OP - sorta -
many years ago I had to travel to a branch office in the Twin Cities, Minnesota ... the Manager of that office said that I should get out there before Thanksgiving to avoid the snow ... as it happened, my schedule didn't allow me to make the trip until the Monday AFTER Thanksgiving ... sure enough, on the Saturday before, I'm checking the Twin Cities forecast and it says "two feet of snow expected on Saturday and Sunday" ... I was supposed to fly there on Sunday, so I call the Manager and he tells me to wait until Monday and everything would be fine ... Well, they got about a foot of snow on Saturday and about another two feet on Sunday, but when I flew in on Monday the streets were as clean as could be ... snow piled everywhere, but the streets were clean ... the great thing was that my hotel was about 4 blocks from the office but I never had to go outside ... indoor skywalks got me every place I wanted to go ... only needed my over coat when the Manager took us out to dinner out of the city ...

#442609 - 12/16/17 10:13 AM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It was just 16 degrees here last night, brutally cold for man or beast. I waited patiently for the sun to warm things up a bit and when the thermometer said 40 degrees, I went outside to clear the sidewalk with a snow shovel (yeah, I know, but someone had to do it.) Then I scraped off about a 20-foot section of snow from the driveway so I could get the car up to the top to get yesterday's mail. Well, does anyone remember the old Post Office Motto: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." rotf2 What a bunch of crapola! Two inches of snow and no mail - the new guy who delivers our mail didn't show up. Oh well, maybe he will make it today. The roads are clear so there's no excuse.

Another fun day in the frozen north,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online