SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#442517 - 12/14/17 11:57 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I must say that Steel Guitar and Flute sounds in this demo did not show Korg to me as an expensive keyboard. Just not so pleasant and realistic as Yamaha's are. This is already too essential to me. Although I would love if liked Korg better, there's no reason for me right now to be overly loyal to any brand.

#442518 - 12/15/17 12:18 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: jingleman]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By jingleman
So Mike...when are you jumpin’ back in?

Funny you say that. It just so happens that a Guitar Center near me received another Genos on Wednesday. I called and they gave me the same deal as they did with my previous Genos so I took the plunge again. cool This time, however, I disabled the Auto Power Off feature until Yamaha can convince me they will address the issue and provide a fix if indeed the problem I encountered affects other Genos owners as well. My experience could have been an anomaly although I suspect the problem may be on a wider scale. Only time will tell.

All the best,

Mike

#442519 - 12/15/17 12:21 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
keybplayer Offline

Here is another video featuring the pianos, organs and accordions of the Genos. Notice if you will the better theater organ voices in this video. In the hands of a skilled player the Genos really shines needless to say.

All the best,

Mike

#442520 - 12/15/17 12:49 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
keybplayer Offline

Here's another sampling of strings, acoustic guitars, woodwinds, brass, pads, and others. The sounds on the Genos remind me of the Montage only better in many cases. At least to my ears anyway. wink

All the best,

Mike

#442521 - 12/15/17 01:18 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Many years ago I had a a proper synthesizer - Ensoniq SD1 - with full sound edit capability. However the preset sounds were pretty good, the only Sound I created was a very punchy brass voice to let me do big hits in "New York, New York".

My point is this - for those of us playing mainstream covers - how often do we need to edit voices? No argument that the Yamaha voice editor is not in the same league as Korg, but to what proportion of the market is this difference significant?

#442523 - 12/15/17 02:38 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I did not hear a nearly £1000 price difference in terms of sound quality 🤓. The Yamaha sounded brighter in almost every sound category from the piano to the brass . that the use

I don’t know if it’s deliberate by Yamaha but I prefer the softer warmer sounds of the Korg .

In alive setting I would bet it would be very difficult to tell the difference between sound quality of these instruments .

I am biased however as I use all the Creative and sonic features of my instrument and therefore I would feel restricted on the Yamaha.

#442527 - 12/15/17 05:39 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Unless you know the external sound systems and recorders used, these types of online demos are wastes of time, as unless you have the same external equipment you will never get it to sound like the demo.

The best demos are those that are recorded direct from the instrument to the camera, or recorded using the on-board recorder and then synced to the video, that way you know exactly what can be achieved by any user.

Bill

#442531 - 12/15/17 06:50 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Unless you know the external sound systems and recorders used, these types of online demos are wastes of time, as unless you have the same external equipment you will never get it to sound like the demo.

The best demos are those that are recorded direct from the instrument to the camera, or recorded using the on-board recorder and then synced to the video, that way you know exactly what can be achieved by any user.

Bill

enjoy what you play......

Edited by Dnj (12/15/17 09:10 AM)

#442534 - 12/15/17 07:47 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: abacus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Bill

I asked about how the recording was done...on the YouTube website. ACHamilton described what they did in their reply. Look at Rlee comment.

#442535 - 12/15/17 08:49 AM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Bill

I asked about how the recording was done...on the YouTube website. ACHamilton described what they did in their reply. Look at Rlee comment.

To save time, here is what AC Hamilton said:

Both machines were recorded through a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface. Every effort was made to match levels as best as possible, but of course playing dynamics can vary slightly in any performance. No post-production editing was added to any of the recordings other than matching slight differences in levels, and then normalising the audio on export. No EQ, Compression etc on either Keyboard or post-production. Thanks.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (12/15/17 08:49 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online