SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#442293 - 12/10/17 09:14 AM It's Christmas ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... and in the spirit of giving, I'm going to send some love to my good pal Dnj, whom I've been cyber blasting recently. Guys tease each other - we make fun of their mothers, their cars, their penis size, and yes, their KEYBOARDS! (and the fickle replacements thereof)

I Razz him publicly, but only because I love him as a friend, and respect him as an artist. Donny can fill a room with 400 dancers, feed them, entertain them, and leave them wanting more. He's in a semi retirement now, but his skills are still there, and when he CHOOSES to, he gets out there and shares his gifts with audiences who love his work.

We all tend to blow smoke on these forums. Makes us feel good. I do it, too, but THIS forum is a special place, and has been a part of my life for many, many years. I've made dear friends here, some I've never even met face to face, but that doesn't change the closeness we share.

I've seen Donny perform. I've sent him on gigs, when I needed a sub, I've filled in for him, dined with him, shared laughs with his amazing kids, and his wife (a REDHEAD!) and yup - I've sold him a BUNCH of keyboards. Lot's of us have been known to buy each others stuff, sometimes SEVERAL times. That's part of the fun.

So, this little love-fest/diatribe is my Christmas present to my gum-bah, Donny.

I'm a fan, a friend, a customer, a mentor, a colleague, and a forum bud forever!
I got your back, man - always take my posts with a few grains of salt, my friend.
You're the best!

(Now, please shut up about how much you love that EA7 - you KNOW it's not long for your world!!!!) smile smile smile

#442296 - 12/10/17 09:53 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442302 - 12/10/17 11:13 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Dave,
You have been there for me through so much. I have listened to your chords and lyrics through my headphones. You were always there when I needed you and you never failed to put a huge smile on my face no matter what. Weaning me off charts, lyrics, learning proper VH technics, gear setup scenarios, etc, etc, Thank you for being YOU and for sharing your talent with the world & with me.
Thank you for being there for me when I had no idea what I was doing and many times anchored my crazy thoughts to the ground with common sense.
You have become my mentor and my solace when being in the trenches gets tough, and for that I will always be grateful.

Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Edited by Dnj (12/10/17 11:14 AM)

#442304 - 12/10/17 11:35 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!!! smile

#442305 - 12/10/17 11:36 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
...hugs and kisses...all is right with the arranger world.

Donny, how do you like the EA7 and how does the TC Helicon compare to the PA4X tc harmonizer?

Edited by jingleman (12/10/17 11:37 AM)

#442306 - 12/10/17 11:38 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I got the warm Christmas fuzzies ...

#442307 - 12/10/17 11:42 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Mutual respect on the forum...nice to see. There's a lesson here..

#442315 - 12/10/17 03:44 PM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I believe that Donny changes keyboards so often to break it up keep things fresh. Nice that he has the knowledge to switch boards and not miss a beat.

#442319 - 12/10/17 05:46 PM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!!! smile

Cue music ... "Well we need a little Christmas, right this very minute ..."
Nothing wrong with it ... In fact, this world could use a little more of it ...
Nice smiley, though ... grin

#442340 - 12/11/17 03:23 AM Re: It's Christmas ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online