SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44179 - 02/18/03 03:33 AM FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
technicsplayer Offline

A free KN7000 promotional slideshow for the new book "Getting The Most From Your KN7000" is now available at http://www.technote.com

Look under FREE STUFF in the left hand column.

Windows people can download the self extractor with full instructions in the program.

Mac people can download the zip and copy to a floppy manually.

USB connected people can unzip to their hard drives and digital network through Song Manager!

Enjoy.

#44180 - 02/18/03 12:16 PM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alec,

Cool appetizer....can hardly wait for the full course meal.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#44181 - 02/18/03 02:56 PM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
technicsplayer Offline

thanks, Fran.
Final proof is printing, just finishing the compact disk, hopefully not long now...

#44182 - 02/18/03 03:55 PM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good Stuff Alec - now we can see why you have been 'missing' for so long There's one Helluva lot of work gone into that project. Whilst I have no wish to do you and your colleagues out of a job, it's just a pity that Technics can't produce manuals a bit more like yours, when they produce such wonderful instruments.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#44183 - 02/19/03 02:13 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
technicsplayer Offline

thanks, Willum
although I understand your point absolutely, and know many have agreed with it, in relative terms, compared to all the other manuals I've read, I still feel that the Technics manuals are among the best.

Without mentioning names I've read manuals that give no idea how a function works without the customary trial and error of pushing buttons until you find the limitations. Alternatively I've had keyboards where I could almost write a book about all the things you could do that are not even mentioned in the manual, just with a little lateral thinking.

I think the difference is perhaps the manufacturer writes an operating manual which by definition assumes you know what you want to do, and tells you how.

Since the days of the Tutorials, which then evolved into magazine Workshops, I write more of a training manual, which tries to explain what is available, why you should use it, and then show how.

The feedback I constantly get is of the type "I never knew you could do that" and "I tried that for the first time and the result is brilliant", and that is the whole point - not to have a closed mind but discover what you can do by trying new things.

end of 2 cents

#44184 - 02/19/03 11:42 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi technicsplayer

With regard to your last paragraph. By all means let us try new things, but as I have found recently I also need to go back and look at some of the "older" features of the instrument which as they were on previous instruments that I have owned I have overlooked what their full potential is and have also said to mysef "I didn't know that did that" Perhaps if I had known the answers to some of the things I obviously don't know then I may have been able to ask someone the right question.

A manual is great for telling you what features an object has. To get it to work you need a series of "workshops", step by step instructions which start of as "we are going to do this" and then we will achieve this.

I have only been reading this forum for the last month and I have been amazed at what I have learnt even in that short time.

Joan

#44185 - 02/19/03 11:58 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Alec,
I'm relatively new to the forum so I don't fully understand where to get this new book from , that everybody's talking about for the KN7000.

Is it going to be available for purchase as a download or only via postage? International postage ususually adds a fair bit to the overall cost ( especially for Australians)
I recently purchased a very hefty manual
( on miniatures, 500 plus pages) and fortunately I was given the option to buy it either as a CD ROM (at a discounted price because they didn't have the printing expenses) or buy it in printed form (which was going to cost me an absolute fortune in postage costs). Naturally I opted for the cd rom.

Just wondering how internationals can get a hold of it.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#44186 - 02/20/03 04:49 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Joan,
the step by step approach is exactly the way the original Tutorials were written and now carried over into the Workshops in the Technote magazine.

As far as the 'older' features are concerned, that really was dealt with in the previous 6000/6500 book, and there was no point (and no space) to repeat information that a lot of people here had already purchased.

So the 7000 book describes how to set up the keyboard the way you want it, and then how to save and organise your work, leading on to using all the new features, which for many people entail new concepts they haven't tried before.

Everything I've ever written is in a clear step by step style, only now with screen shots directly from the 7000 and laptop to hopefully make it even clearer

Hi Rikki,
I suggest you email Technote at the download site and ask about international postage. No doubt when they are ready to ship they will have the answers

best wishes,

#44187 - 02/20/03 09:21 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

Just for your information, we distribute the
KN6000/KN6500 "How Do I Do that" manual in the US and internationally. We sent this manual to almost every major country in the world and the international postage for this manual was about 7.00. Due to the increased postage cost effective a few months ago in the US, the cost for the new KN7000 manual or video sent international global priority mail is about $9.00. If purchased and sent in one package about $12.00. US Postage for priority mail is $5.15 for either the video or manual - shipped together about 6.50. In a fews day
you can go to our sites:

(http://www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com

(http://www.keynotepublications.com

and order from the site. As we have done before we can call you for your credit card
information at a specified time etc. Check
our site for more detailed instructions.

Thanks,

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Alec,
I'm relatively new to the forum so I don't fully understand where to get this new book from , that everybody's talking about for the KN7000.

Is it going to be available for purchase as a download or only via postage? International postage ususually adds a fair bit to the overall cost ( especially for Australians)
I recently purchased a very hefty manual
( on miniatures, 500 plus pages) and fortunately I was given the option to buy it either as a CD ROM (at a discounted price because they didn't have the printing expenses) or buy it in printed form (which was going to cost me an absolute fortune in postage costs). Naturally I opted for the cd rom.

Just wondering how internationals can get a hold of it.

best wishes
Rikki

#44188 - 02/20/03 10:17 AM Re: FREE SLIDESHOW FOR NEW KN7000 BOOK
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Alec, have you thought about writing one on the tyros!!!!! Walter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online