#441508 - 11/27/17 10:53 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My current setup.

Attachments
DSCF3720.JPG

#441509 - 11/27/17 12:03 PM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran that looks amazing....awesome setup wow!

Good luck..

#441510 - 11/27/17 12:35 PM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Congrats Donny...the ea7 is a great sounding board. Here is a link to Dynamix drums which you might enjoy listening to. The demonstrator shows them with the ea7.

Good luck!
jingleman

https://youtu.be/eSkkqrYnj6E

#441527 - 11/28/17 03:59 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
other than acoustic guitars, nearly ALL instrument sounds on the G70 are just as good if not BETTER than most TOTL arrangers today - including drums.

new arrangers have samples from modern chart music but thats about it.

A piano is still a piano, an organ still an organ.. and the G70 Grand X is just as good as the "best" pianos from any other keyboard out there today.. to be honest u dont really get "better" than the G70 Grand X voice.. just "different"...

and the same goes for most other bread and butter instruments from the EP category to organs, Telecaster and Stratocaster elec guitars, strings, choirs, Scats voices, brass, woodwind, drums, ethnic and even the pads... synth basses and synth lead voices are still very usable though it lacks samples from more modern music.

From my point of view as I stated originally the biggest weaknesses in the voices of the G70 are the acoustic guitars (still OK but not as good as the PA4x nylon guitar and the SA Concert guitar from Yamaha), synth leads suit more 80s and 90s music... forget it if you are looking to do more EDM, Trance and House stuff from 2000 onwards.

File system - yes its dated and could be re hauled (corrected on the BK9), Multipads non existent - always work arounds for that. a few other drawbacks due to the era of the G70 buttttt.... it has alot more pluses which in my opinion outweigh the negative...

- Best Keybed of any portable arranger 76 or less note keyboard
- most expressive velocity range in the drums, pianos and various other voices.
- Style make up tools are just so well done and ahead of the pack for its time and even still to today...
- song and style sequencer blows away anything ive seen on an arranger keyboard. technics KN 6000-7000 is also a good contender in that department.
- Applying effects and editing the parameters are laid out so easy and yet still go very deep and effective. they do the job and Ive never been left "needing" anything else.
- You dont need to go into the style sequencer to edit a style... again make up tools on the fly is all you need.

I can go on but im sure now im starting to sound like Fran :-)
The G70 is one of the best kept hidden gems for me.

Donny - Just curious why would you choose an EA7 knowing the BK9 is out there? im sure u have your reason but would be good to know why.

Cheers

#441528 - 11/28/17 04:02 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Oh and must I add - I havent even touched the vocal harmoniser which is supposed to be up there and im sure others can vouch for.

#441530 - 11/28/17 04:43 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Nick G]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Nick G

Donny - Just curious why would you choose an EA7 knowing the BK9 is out there? im sure u have your reason but would be good to know why.
Cheers

Hi Nick,...The BK9 was on my radar as it was on Frans radar also but it's sought of non existent to try to find one to try or buy at this point. That must mean people love them and aren't selling them.....that said at this time as I only have the EA7 less then a day here that so far I am more then surprised and excited at the same time at what this arranger KB can do and has included inside it wow!
I usually can tell within a few hours if it's a keeper and let me say I honestly stayed away from Roland for whatever reasons for years after have many of their products for a while, mainly saying to myself how can a keyboard at this price range be up to MY needs?....well with Fran always giving me great advice and touting the attributes of the EA7 I have to say at this point he was totally right in so many ways!!,.....this arranger KB is really a hidden gem flying under the "Big Boys" radar but can certainly hold it's own against any of them. I need more time playing with it but I'll tell you I has rejuvenated my excitement to play and enjoy music.I will reserve my more in depth reviews as I go along for sure...
to be continued.................. cool2

#441535 - 11/28/17 08:08 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

I found this video... a jazz lounge act...It opened with this guy playing a piano... I was surprised how he pulled off the quartet act..

#441538 - 11/28/17 08:22 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bear in mind, THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY.

CAN'T PLAY, CAN'T SING. Worst rendition of Georgia I've ever heard. Again, JMO. Would love to hear Uncle Dave's opinion.

chas

#441540 - 11/28/17 08:30 AM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

It was not my intention to rate the player... but the fact that I thought it was a piano act that turned into electronics..

I can't imagine dragging my songs out to 7 minutes..

#441556 - 11/28/17 01:04 PM Re: G70 styles showcase [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

I don't get the whole faux piano shell thing it seems so fake & weird to me whenever I see it what are they trying to prove? nobody's fooled so why use it?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online