SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#441807 - 12/02/17 12:56 PM Re: Using a Monitor for S970 Screen [Re: bruno123]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Why not just take the (readily available for almost any song) lyric sheets (in PDF format) and use any PDF editor to put the chord notations wherever you want on the sheet. Unless it's some non-standard arrangement though, you can get most music already prepared this way.

chas

#441808 - 12/02/17 01:05 PM Re: Using a Monitor for S970 Screen [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There is a couple ways of doing this. Don Mason types the chord changes on the same line as the lyrics. If I recall, he may place the chords in brackets.

I usually type mine over the word where the chord changes using MS Word, or Word Perfect, then save the file as a .txt file so I can view it in any word processor, or on the keyboard screen, which some folks prefer.

There are several sites where you can download the lyrics with the chords appearing over the word where the changes take place. Additionally, with some sites, you can transpose the chords, which is very beneficial to those that sing and the original chords are out of your vocal range. Makes life a lot easier.

I think you can view text files on most pads without special software, at least I can on my Kindle Fire HD. Not sure about the others, though. The reason I like the netbook PC is that I can make and save changes, which saves a lot of back and forth time to the Desktop PC.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441810 - 12/02/17 01:33 PM Re: Using a Monitor for S970 Screen [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The problem with putting the chords over the lyrics is that if you want to put them into an arranger as text files, they never work right. Everything is out of alignment and/or on the wrong line.
I started doing my lyrics like this:

"Your Cheatin' (1) heart, will make you [4] weep. You'll cry and [5-7] cry, and try to [1] sleep...."
Or, if you know what chord you want to always do it in, use the actual chord name instead of numbers.
This format will always show up correctly, regardless of the word processor format or arranger.

#441830 - 12/03/17 03:44 AM Re: Using a Monitor for S970 Screen [Re: J. Larry]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
For home use I prefer a monitor with the S970 Yamaha. With the Korg Pa4x I use an IPad with the ON SONG app. The on song app is the best I have seen for lyrics and chords. I have more than one song on a page and it scrolls down automatically. Swipe of my finger and I am on the next page with another group of related songs.

You do not have to type all your own songs there are plenty of people who have songs in word pad format that will share. On song allows you to edit everything. Change the size of the font for lyrics and the chords. Add color to either. On song can also handle songs in PDF format.

John C.
The photo: A Pa4x with a 9.7” IPad.

Attachments
Dscn1080.jpg

Edited by bruno123 (12/03/17 03:47 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online