Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#441412 - 11/25/17 01:25 PM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This has to be my all time favorite Thanksgiving jokes:

BAD PARROT

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.

Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441426 - 11/26/17 05:39 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Still reeling from 40 at our home, several kids stayed up to 10 nights! Had a great time until the Lions decided to do their thing again.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#441431 - 11/26/17 06:59 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Actually, there were no native, North American tribes - they were migrants who crossed the land bridge that is now submerged beneath the Bearing Straits. Much of their DNA, according to all the history books I have read, is Northern Chinese and Mongolian.

And, from what I recall, Spanish explorers brought the first African slaves to the US in 1526, which had nothing to do with tobacco crops or any other crop at the time. It wasn't until 1841 when Massachusetts legalized slavery, and they were the first colony to do so - not Virginia.

Gary cool

I wanted to let this whole topic pass but when I see this kind of distortion of history, I just can't. Native Americans have been scientifically documented as having been in the Americas for at least 5000 years. How long does one have to live in a place before they can be declared 'native'. It's sad, almost amusing, to see all the ways people distort facts to suit their own reality. For instance, I have found five sources, including the Library of Congress, that say, unequivocally, that the first Africans were brought to the British colony of Jamestown (Virginia) in 1619. I think I'm going to trust that more than "what you recall". According to your post, slavery would have only lasted 24 years (1841-1865, date of the Emancipation Proclamation), yet the rest of the world thinks it lasted over 200 years.

Again, my apologies to Tony (the OP), but this kind of distortion of the truth (for reasons I won't even speculate on) really bug me. As the saying goes, 'you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts'.

chas

#441437 - 11/26/17 08:02 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

#441445 - 11/26/17 09:35 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

smile smile smile smile OMG!!! THAT'S your source? I rest my case.

chas

#441450 - 11/26/17 10:24 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

https://www.freetheslaves.net/about-slav...1xoCO7AQAvD_BwE

My sources are extensive, mainly in the hundreds of books I have read about world and US history, mainly because I AM a history buff and thoroughly enjoy reading historical books. Until recently, I had more than 200 books about the US Civil War that were written by individuals that served in both the Union and Confederate armies and navies during the war. About a year ago, I donated them to the county public library so others could enjoy them as much as I did. These above are just a few of the many internet sources that confirm what I have read in the past 50 years. There are many, many more, but I really don't want to go into this, Chas. Believe what you wish, and I rest my case. smile

Gary cool

#441451 - 11/26/17 10:49 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

talk about going south !! surprised

A Big ONE, TWO, Cha Cha Cha!! eek2

#441452 - 11/26/17 11:06 AM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#441459 - 11/26/17 01:16 PM Re: OT: ... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, so sorry for the distraction...especially involving your heartfelt original post.

Be well, all.

Russ

#441460 - 11/26/17 02:05 PM Re: OT: ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

Again, my apologies to Tony (the OP),
chas

Thanks, chas ...

chas and Gary ... I consider both of you my friends, so I would appreciate it if you took any further discussion on this issue to the Bar ...

Originally Posted By captain Russ
Tony, so sorry for the distraction...especially involving your heartfelt original post.
Be well, all.
Russ

Thanks, Russ ... that's LIFE ...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online