SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#440469 - 11/06/17 08:56 AM Editing styles S970
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
In my rediscovery of the S970, I found some styles that I wanted to make simple changes to....I.e. boost the bass, reduce percussion or drums...boost piano etc.

On my 4X...simple...hit track view in style play and volume...use sliders to adjust....save if I wanted to keep that style.

Only thing I could find on my S970 was a view to increase or decrease overall style. On my S970, it seems I have to go into style edit/new and make a permanent style to use.

Here’s the thing...

Currently, I’m using three different PA systems. On my 4X, I adjust each style as needed for each PA system.

I’m not S970 bashing...love Yamaha(breast fed on Yamaha if you will). Though I wish my 4X had the flexibility and va4iety of the styles of my S970 has, when it comes to live play, guess I gotta go first with my Korg.

#440470 - 11/06/17 10:22 AM Re: Editing styles S970 [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's very easy using the onboard style creator program. You can find detailed instructions at http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjStyle/AStyles60Tuning.html

This particular lesson was written some time ago, but all the basics are still the same and the steps are easy to follow.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440480 - 11/06/17 01:56 PM Re: Editing styles S970 [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1
In my rediscovery of the S970, I found some styles that I wanted to make simple changes to....I.e. boost the bass, reduce percussion or drums...boost piano etc.

On my 4X...simple...hit track view in style play and volume...use sliders to adjust....save if I wanted to keep that style.

Only thing I could find on my S970 was a view to increase or decrease overall style. On my S970, it seems I have to go into style edit/new and make a permanent style to use.

Here’s the thing...

Currently, I’m using three different PA systems. On my 4X, I adjust each style as needed for each PA system.

I’m not S970 bashing...love Yamaha(breast fed on Yamaha if you will). Though I wish my 4X had the flexibility and va4iety of the styles of my S970 has, when it comes to live play, guess I gotta go first with my Korg.

Just hit the mixing console button twice.
It'll take to to the individual parameters for style volume.
Then save in a registration.
Eric

#440482 - 11/06/17 03:11 PM Re: Editing styles S970 [Re: Eric, B]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Here’s the thing...

Eric

I handle it using the same method Eric uses.

#440483 - 11/06/17 03:50 PM Re: Editing styles S970 [Re: Eric, B]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Eric

Yep, that works as well and less hassle than creating a new style.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440495 - 11/07/17 03:49 AM Re: Editing styles S970 [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx all

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online