SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#440250 - 11/02/17 03:20 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Mr.Bernie, it’s just a joke. We are not babies.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#440256 - 11/02/17 06:18 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I would personally love to be able to afford a Genos. I just don't understand Yamaha's desire to drain people's hard earned savings to pay for it.

I know there are those of you who can afford any board you desire...unfortunately, that's not me.

If Yamaha priced it competitively with the PA4X, wouldn't that sell more product and make their money on volume.

Is there really $3500 more value to the Genos over the 970? I realize there is a fair profit margin for dealers...just seems excessive.

#440258 - 11/02/17 07:32 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: jingleman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By jingleman

If Yamaha priced it competitively with the PA4X, wouldn't that sell more product and make their money on volume.

Yes, perhaps, but increased production volume increases cost for manufacturing, storage, shipping, etc etc.
The manufacturer knows that there is a certain number of 'loyalists' who will purchase the item regardless of the price and relies on them for their profit ...

#440259 - 11/02/17 07:36 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: tony mads usa]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Just seems a little crazy that Yamaha is trying to reach out to a younger audience...but pricing the Genos to their wealthy older audience.

#440262 - 11/02/17 08:14 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I still don't understand why we think these things (styles genre') have to be mutually exclusive. Why can't old (legacy) and new (edm,etc.) styles reside on the same hardware platform? If you don't like a particular style, DON'T USE IT. Unless you're selling caskets or cemetary plots, I would think that any business model would want to attract a young, long-term user base. Why this would make older users feel uncomfortable is beyond me.

chas

#440265 - 11/02/17 08:25 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
You can’t use drum mixer with user drums.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#440269 - 11/02/17 08:59 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, there are areas in the keyboard that hold legacy voices, and a USB 3.0 connection for storing all the Yamaha styles on the planet.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440270 - 11/02/17 09:03 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
I still don't understand why we think these things (styles genre') have to be mutually exclusive. Why can't old (legacy) and new (edm,etc.) styles reside on the same hardware platform? If you don't like a particular style, DON'T USE IT. Unless you're selling caskets or cemetary plots, I would think that any business model would want to attract a young, long-term user base. Why this would make older users feel uncomfortable is beyond me.

chas

Chas I agree.... in fact I could never understand why we buy a new keyboard for the styles.... Spend 3 or 4 grand for styles that will be available and play in our 10 year old keyboards.

I never bought a new keyboard for the styles.... Features yes..

All kinds of styles can live in the same keyboard.. The EA7 is a perfect example... It does include the drums and tones needed...

#440273 - 11/02/17 09:55 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Because a new KB uses the new and much better voices for the styles. wink
Eric

#440281 - 11/02/17 01:58 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: Eric, B]
Bachus Offline

I just got home from a music shop where i had my first experience with the genos... mostly listening to a demo...

However i can confirm that the acoustic sounds are what makes the Genos shine and sparckle.. nothing comes close to the sound of yamaha’s individual acoustic instrmental sounds...

I was overall very happy with the sound quallity of the Genos, styles and sounds seem to have more prseesence..

Also the imterface was impressive wit the large touchscreen.. it was actually quite natural to make some basic eddits to the styles and the sounds... straight forward.

I also did a test, removing all effects and reverb from a style.. and it still sounded good..

Also noticed that when you add reverb to the drums, it isn’t added to the base drum.. as it should be... this is a huge improvement for overall drum quallity by itselves

I actually enjoyed the demo... also seemed there where quite a lot of modern pop, rock and dance styles new in the Genos.. which in my point of view was a neccesarity... an arranger keyboard should be able to play all styles and ages of music...

But it wasn’t all just positives...

-The B3 sounds, still fall short of my Kronos, by quite some distance
-I played around with the rotary effect, tought it strange that the maximum time i could set for going from fast to slow was 2 secs.. personally i love real long times, much more in line with the original speakers
-It misses quite some of the pro features on my pa4x
-and a slew of other minor things, like having to reach to the far left for switching keyboard sounds on or off, the button position on the pa4x works much better..
-the keybed felt quite light, the pa4x is more to my prefference.. but the genos keybed is acceptable, and easy to getbused to..

Despite this i came to the conclusion that combined with the kronos the Genos sounds make my setup completer then the full korg setup... having two brands of keyboards widens the sound spectrum..

Leaves me with the good old question.. is it worth shelving out €2400 euro and the exchange of my pa4x? Thats a huge amount of money...

Edited by Bachus (11/02/17 01:59 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online