SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#440215 - 11/01/17 10:46 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
How come Mirza isn't entitled to his own opinion? It really annoys me to see people branded as gripers or haters just because they may sometimes have an opinion different from yours. We already know ahead of time whose side everybody is going to line up on; that's because most discussions on this forum are driven by personalities rather than fact and unbiased opinion. I think we HAVE to maintain an environment where everyone can feel free to voice an opinion (especially on subjective matters) without getting blasted with criticism and derision. JMO (assuming I'm allowed to have one).

chas

#440216 - 11/01/17 10:53 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

So, Mirza, I really look forward to you posting your video of you in the music store playing a Genos and posting your hands on thoughts on the product.

All the best,

Gary cool

So is that the new requirement to have an opinion these days? Didn't you just pronounce the violins on the Genos "damned realistic"? Was that an opinion gleaned from a hands on at a music store? Just sayin'.

chas

#440217 - 11/01/17 10:56 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Here's my 2 cents..........in the next week or 2 I will head to Frankieve's store to try for myself. If I like what I hear and enjoy it, I'll probably buy one but it won't be until spring of 2018 mainly because we'll be in Florida this winter and it's a lot easier to transport the s970, no sense of getting a Genos and having it sit idle in the north while I'm in the south. No one is right and no one is wrong about the Genos we have our own opinions about it. I think DNJ says it best "enjoy what you play."

I respect what others think about it, but others won't be playing it, it will be me if I decide to blow mortgage money on a Genos. I think Ricky Nelson said it best in "Garden Party," "You can't please everyone so ya got to please yourself." With all that written I may even decide I don't need or want a Genos..............but until I play it I'll never know. smile

#440218 - 11/01/17 11:05 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Steve, buy it now and drop it off at my house on the way to Florida. I'll have it all broken in for you when you pick it up on the way back (at no charge smile ).
smile smile

chas

#440219 - 11/01/17 11:24 AM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, did you have a bad night? Mirza, just like everyone else, can post anything they want, right or wrong. You can do the same. And, there is no requirement for him, or anyone else, to actually touch, feel and play anything in order to post his or her thoughts. I figure that he is a very talented individual, probably knows a lot more about musical instruments that I do and I would respect his hands on assessment of any arranger keyboard. There are no rules here pertaining to this. Maybe you should reread what I posted - there were no mandates in my posts - just requests.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440222 - 11/01/17 12:03 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Steve, buy it now and drop it off at my house on the way to Florida. I'll have it all broken in for you when you pick it up on the way back (at no charge smile ).
smile smile

chas

Chas what a generous offer, the only problem is with 2 dogs 2 people and related gear there just won't be enough room in the van. Maybe on another trip when we can leave the 2 dogs up north. by that time the next hottest arranger will be released. smile smile and I'll be making the trip alone because my wife would rather have me leave than the 2 dogs laugh laugh

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/01/17 12:05 PM)

#440223 - 11/01/17 12:37 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
I'll be making the trip alone because my wife would rather have me leave than the 2 dogs laugh laugh

She probably thinks 'two dogs are better than one' smile smile.

.....kidding, kidding

chas

#440225 - 11/01/17 12:56 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Yup she does. smile

#440227 - 11/01/17 01:19 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
PREEMPTIVE CAVEAT : I have NOT tried a GENOS, nor do I have any desire to, and I really have no opinion about it ...
Nor am I directing this post towards any particular individual(s) ...

I just find it very interesting how when a new KB comes out, we pretty much know what side of the fence SOME people - not ALL - are going to be on, as chas said earlier ... I also find interesting the way people will base their opinion on the videos posted on line - if it is a 'professionally' produced video, folks will most likely say 'wow, that KB sounds great", but if it is a video 'produced' by an Average Joe, where the KB sounds are not great, there is criticism that the video was not properly recorded ... Most likely, the sounds that Average Joe produced are probably closer to the sounds that most KB players are going to produce as many of us don't have the skill level or equipment to duplicate what the professionals create ...
How many players here can HONESTLY say that their KB sounds as good as the manufacturers videos, or even as good as the demo sounds resident on our keyboards? ... I would venture to guess very few ...
Now, I don't know if Gary has had 'hands on' experience with a GENOS, or not - I don't remember him saying one way or the other - but if he has and he thinks it is the greatest KB ever, then good for him ...

I'm not 'picking on' Deane, but I am using part of his quote because he has recently owned and played a number of different keyboards:
Originally Posted By hammer
(with emphasis added by me)... The voices are pretty good and the styles are suitable for most music. The old styles that have been re-voiced are also nice. It would have been nice if Yamaha had replaced them but that is the way it goes. I upgraded from a Tyros 4 and find a very big improvement in sound overall.
Yamaha did add some nice features to the Genos that will make gigging easier and song set organization easier. ...
Deane

To ME, that is not a ringing endorsement for a 'Standard Bearer' KB priced in the $4000 to $5000 range, but Deane seems happy with his choice and good for him - although he did also say that the GENOS would not be used for ALL gigs, but would be used for 'special gigs' because of certain styles that it has ...
As for ME, I have a keyboard for every day of the week, and every gig I play - the KORG PA900 - Is it the 'best ever'? I doubt it, but it IS the best for me right now because it is PAID FOR, and as long as someone isn't playing a Pa4x or a GENOS right next to me, neither I nor my audience will know the difference ...

Edited by tony mads usa (11/01/17 01:46 PM)

#440228 - 11/01/17 01:29 PM Re: Damned this sounds good.. [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
How come Mirza isn't entitled to his own opinion? It really annoys me to see people branded as gripers or haters just because they may sometimes have an opinion different from yours. We already know ahead of time whose side everybody is going to line up on; that's because most discussions on this forum are driven by personalities rather than fact and unbiased opinion. I think we HAVE to maintain an environment where everyone can feel free to voice an opinion (especially on subjective matters) without getting blasted with criticism and derision. JMO (assuming I'm allowed to have one).

chas

Its not that bad here...

Over on a yamaha genos forum, i was asked not to have any critcisme on the Genos, as that was not fair to people who just spend 5k on it...

Someone told me a forum was not the place to criticise an arranger, the only way to make criticisme heared by Yamaha is by sending them a letter... asking politely for changes

I can tell you it actually made me smile... and you know what.. maybe we should stand back, and let people live in their personal bubble.. i can imagine they will truely live happily ever after in their everlasting bubble of happiness.. i think i will keep my criticisme to myself on that other forum...

However, i agree with you Chas, overhere on synthzome everyone is entitled to his own opinion amd to defending them... no room here for pink bubbles... this is where the blazing winds of honesty rule

Edited by Bachus (11/01/17 01:31 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online