Bebop

#44038 - 01/07/04 10:58 AM Re: about Technics kn2600
Mysteryman Offline

Loc: Scotland
Going by the manual for UK voltage it says AC120/220/230-240V 50/60 HZ

#44039 - 01/07/04 01:54 PM Re: about Technics kn2600
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Amazing, a discount £700 for a KN2600 ??
What's going on? Either the shop are going
to close, or they're crazy about getting the
stuff out of the shop.
Also some other equipment are really good
bargains.
The big question, what about taxes when import
to other countries?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#44040 - 01/07/04 02:33 PM Re: about Technics kn2600
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Amazing, a discount £700 for a KN2600 ??
What's going on? Either the shop are going
to close, or they're crazy about getting the
stuff out of the shop.
Also some other equipment are really good
bargains.
The big question, what about taxes when import
to other countries?
GJ

Look for an important announcement from Panasonic in the next couple of weeks or so.
Not necessarily the demise of Technics but maybe something big.
Turnkey have had the KN2600 for £299 for about a month now.
Turnkey would not be able to do this without the consent of Panasonic.Ring around and you will find out that the dealers cannot even buy them wholesale for £299
I have said this before why would any manufacturer reduce a newly released keyboard by discounting it by nearly three quarters.
Has anybody tried to buy a new KN7000 in the last month or has anybody enquired as to the availability of the 7000 if so what lead times are being given

#44041 - 01/09/04 07:01 AM Re: about Technics kn2600
Mysteryman Offline

Possibly Turnkey have had problems shifting their stock and have decided to sell them off at cost price to make way for newer stock. Bearing in mind Turnkey are also distributors they will possibly sell the stock off to music retailers so expect to see the price drop from these retailers

Some retailers are still selling the KN2600 for around £650-£750 at present. I am happy to say I like this keyboard with so many features as this is my first arranger keyboard

#44042 - 01/09/04 10:23 AM Re: about Technics kn2600
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mysteryman:
Possibly Turnkey have had problems shifting their stock and have decided to sell them off at cost price to make way for newer stock. Bearing in mind Turnkey are also distributors they will possibly sell the stock off to music retailers so expect to see the price drop from these retailers

Some retailers are still selling the KN2600 for around £650-£750 at present. I am happy to say I like this keyboard with so many features as this is my first arranger keyboard

Your surmise that Turnkey have excessive unsold 2600 stock does not add up because had they had them for a while at wholesale they would have cost them somewhere in the region of £600 per unit so to sell old stock at £299 retail including VAT would be like committing hari kari.
The only way Turnkey are selling them so cheap is because Turnkey must have done a deal with Panasonic
which begs the question WHY

#44043 - 01/09/04 12:41 PM Re: about Technics kn2600
Mysteryman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
Quote:
[b]Possibly Turnkey have had problems shifting their stock and have decided to sell them off at cost price to make way for newer stock. Bearing in mind Turnkey are also distributors they will possibly sell the stock off to music retailers so expect to see the price drop from these retailers

Your surmise that Turnkey have excessive unsold 2600 stock does not add up because had they had them for a while at wholesale they would have cost them somewhere in the region of £600 per unit so to sell old stock at £299 retail including VAT would be like committing hari kari.
The only way Turnkey are selling them so cheap is because Turnkey must have done a deal with Panasonic
which begs the question WHY

[/B]

You assume they bought them for around £600 per unit........well looking at their back catalogues which I have, they were selling them for £595 and then dropped to £499...so it is possible they bought them for £299 cost price based on volume buying. They are distributors remember which their cost prices are cheaper than the retailers cost price. They are either selling them at a financial loss or break even. As I have been involved with distribution / trade sales in the past most retailers etc when selling stock to get rid of it sell at cost price initally then drop the price at a loss to make way for new stock.

We can only wait until Panasonic possibly tell us about future plans if any.

#44044 - 01/09/04 01:28 PM Re: about Technics kn2600
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Maybe Turnkey is getting out of the Technics Buisness, and simply wants to turn over their stock

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#44045 - 01/10/04 05:27 AM Re: about Technics kn2600
Veltsu Offline

Loc: Finland
Somebody asked earlier about Thomann`s kn2600 deal. Its really €635 and theres nothing more to it, no taxes no nothing. The manual is in english thou. I`ve had mine for few days and I`m very pleased with it!

#44046 - 01/10/04 10:53 AM Re: about Technics kn2600
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
You assume they bought them for around £600 per unit........well looking at their back catalogues which I have, they were selling them for £595 and then dropped to £499...so it is possible they bought them for £299 cost price based on volume buying. They are distributors remember which their cost prices are cheaper than the retailers cost price. They are either selling them at a financial loss or break even. As I have been involved with distribution / trade sales in the past most retailers etc when selling stock to get rid of it sell at cost price initally then drop the price at a loss to make way for new stock.

We can only wait until Panasonic possibly tell us about future plans if any.

I assume nothing.
The unit cost for the KN2600 wholesale is £595.

A little time ago dealers were made an offer by Technics that if they ordered £20,000 worth of KN2600 they would receive a discount of £150 per unit

Turnkey are a large hardware retailer of long standing and are not distributors to the retail trade Technics UK are the only and exclusive distributors in the UK

What new stock do you assume they are making way for
the KN2600 is a fairly new and latest product from Panasonic/Technics

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online