SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#439835 - 10/25/17 03:16 PM Re: A camera and arranger keyboard are only... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, some shoots require more than one strobe system, generators (to eliminate face shadows between 10 AM and 2:00 PM), and enclosure for changing and lots more. Often, video and stills are shot at the same time and location.

Like everything else, what pays (photos of washers and dryers...UGH) pays more than say, scantily clad women...DAMN!

Mostly, the fee is a function of the size of the print run or web exposure, the rep of the model and the size of the print, collateral or media budget as much as it is talent of the photographer.

Great shot of your grandson!

R.

#439837 - 10/25/17 03:51 PM Re: A camera and arranger keyboard are only... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ, one of the neatest things I learned from Lefty Kreh about facial shadows was there are no shadows in the shade. Worked like a charm! When I could not avoid the sun, I had some spring loaded reflectors that I used to hot light certain areas. Might still have some around here, and I do, you are more than welcome to them.

My proudest cover shot was one of a red fox sleeping in the snow, which was shot from my living room window using a relatively low resolution digital camera. The camera was just 2.1 megapixel, however, the lens was a 20:1 macro-zoom with outstanding optics. I sold this one to the Weekend Section of the Washington Post and also wrote the feature story around the photo that pertained to photographing wildlife during the dead of winter. Back then, the Post only paid me an extra $100 for the cover photo and $200 for the feature store, but that was in 1982. I suspect the price range for a cover photo has increased substantially since then - at least I would hope so.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
DSC00012.jpg

Edited by travlin'easy (10/25/17 03:54 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online