SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#439361 - 10/18/17 03:32 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: TedS]
zalmang Offline

Loc: Monsey, NY
Originally Posted By TedS
Zalmang, can you please check something basic about the chord recognition for me?
In "AI Fingered" mode... If you play a single note in the chord recognition area, does the Genos interpret this as a unison [1+8], or a major chord? Thanks!

I checked and it seems to do unison.

#439362 - 10/18/17 03:32 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
zalmang Offline

UPDATE

I got to sit with the Genos for a few more hours today. I also connected the Genos speaker set and it helped bring it to life. Like many intimated here, it's growing on me. Certainly a lot of work was done to the sounds and sound engine and it is apparent. The strings are fabulous. The solo Flute, Sax, and Guitar are also superb. I had a thought while playing that the Genos SOUND raises to the level of Yamaha's top of the line Clavinovas (I have the CVP-609). They always sounded better than the Tyros TOTL and now the Genos is on their level and even surpass them in some sound areas.

Looking forward to it growing on me more and more. My hunch is this would be good for a home/studio keyboard (maybe replace our Clavinova CVP-609PE) and use the pa4x for live gigs.

Music makes the world go round and round...and also our minds!!

#439363 - 10/18/17 05:28 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Have you calibrated your Genos. I just got my shipment of keyboards in and noticed the touch rsponse was off so I pushed "menu", then "Utility" then "calibrate" and after doing so the touch worked just fine! You can also adjust the screen to make a sound when you hit it. It defaults to "off"
(Retired 2021)

#439364 - 10/18/17 05:38 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good, helpful information, George.

zalmang, I sincerely believe that you will find more and more things you will like as you go through the instrument and tune it to your own, personal preferences. I've done this with every arranger keyboard I've owned over the past 20 years, and they have all been simply amazing after a few weeks of tuning and tweaking. None were amazing right out of the box, though Dom Mason tells me his PA4X was. Of course, so was his first wife, or was that his first girlfriend, I forget, now! wink

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439365 - 10/18/17 07:26 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: George Kaye]
zalmang Offline

Originally Posted By George Kaye
Have you calibrated your Genos. I just got my shipment of keyboards in and noticed the touch rsponse was off so I pushed "menu", then "Utility" then "calibrate" and after doing so the touch worked just fine! You can also adjust the screen to make a sound when you hit it. It defaults to "off"

Good idea! Doing that now. BTW the more I use the GENOS the more I forget and feel like I'm sitting at a more recent Clavinova like the CVP-609 I own in another room. It's the screen and HQ sounds that give that impression.

#439366 - 10/18/17 07:27 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: travlin'easy]
zalmang Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Good, helpful information, George.

zalmang, I sincerely believe that you will find more and more things you will like as you go through the instrument and tune it to your own, personal preferences.

Yep! Holding off flipping it to someone else for now.

#439369 - 10/18/17 10:28 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I received a pdf file from yamaha this afternoon which was a quick guide tutorial for the Genos. One of the chapters was about compatibility with previous Tyros registrations and user styles. You can use all registrations from the Tyros 2 and after with no problems. The sounds will all work and if will pick a usable style automatically if the registrations style isn't available on the Genos.
Also, it states that if you own any Tyros purchased files from Yamaha Music Soft, there will be a new version for the Genos which will be free of charge if you had previously purchased it for your Tyros.
(Retired 2021)

#439376 - 10/19/17 05:53 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Found this pdf file in a tread at PSR Tutorial.
Some questions answered as far as I can see. smile
Hope it's not illegal to post it here confused

Attachments
Genos Product Guide.pdf (170 downloads)

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#439399 - 10/19/17 05:26 PM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
Ric4001 Offline

Originally Posted By zalmang
Originally Posted By George Kaye

Good idea! Doing that now. BTW the more I use the GENOS the more I forget and feel like I'm sitting at a more recent Clavinova like the CVP-609 I own in another room. It's the screen and HQ sounds that give that impression.

Did this calibrate function improve the touch sensivity?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online