SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#439303 - 10/18/17 06:12 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zalmang

---At the end of the day I hear the Tyros inside,
---The screen is not very responsive to touch and feels like there's a lightly frosted layer over it. Pressing down doesn't give an immediate reaction, needs massaging or double tapping.
For such an expensive machine they should have spent a bit more on a better screen interface.

At the end of the day as of now it's a disappointment.

I wasn't expecting to hear the bad news so soon....will you be returning the genos for something else or? Appreciate your honesty and reviews its alot of money and people are very curious...good luck to you and your music.

Thank you

#439304 - 10/18/17 06:22 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
broker22 Offline

Did you remove the plastic film from the screen before you touched it a lot of guys had that problem on the TC voice live 3 because they for got to remove the plastic film after they did that it worked fine I never had that problem I still have the plastic film on my voice live 3. Cal

#439305 - 10/18/17 06:42 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Yamaha ...what have you done?

#439306 - 10/18/17 06:51 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
That is why Yamaha is still keeping the cat in the bag. Good politicians. Selling us a lot of air and promises 😀😀.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#439308 - 10/18/17 07:10 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: mirza]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Being a Pa900 guy with no interest in a new board of any kind, I don't 'have a horse in this race', and I respect every one's opinion about KBs, but before 'jumping off the bandwagon' and cancelling orders, don't you think we should have a few more 'hands on' reviews' ?!? ...
I believe frankiev said he was impressed with the Geno's ...
I am sure there will be some 'Yammies' who will love it, and if not, WOW ... rolleyes

#439309 - 10/18/17 07:18 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: Dnj]
zalmang Offline

Loc: Monsey, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By zalmang

At the end of the day as of now it's a disappointment.

I wasn't expecting to hear the bad news so soon....will you be returning the genos for something else or? Appreciate your honesty and reviews its alot of money and people are very curious...good luck to you and your music.

Thank you

As with any important decision I will sit on it for a few days and then make a final determination. I have a Korg pa4x which I recently got and I really love it. It's ease of use and MANY player-centric features that make life easier and knock Yamaha out of the park.

If I do sell the Genos it will be for local pickup (Rockland County, NY) and if anyone is interested please PM me. I also have the Genos speaker system (Yamaha GNS-MS01) that Yamaha made for the keyboard.

Grrrr.

#439310 - 10/18/17 07:19 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: broker22]
zalmang Offline

Originally Posted By broker22
Did you remove the plastic film from the screen before you touched it a lot of guys had that problem on the TC voice live 3 because they for got to remove the plastic film after they did that it worked fine I never had that problem I still have the plastic film on my voice live 3. Cal

It didn't come with any plastic film on it.

#439311 - 10/18/17 07:21 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: tony mads usa]
zalmang Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Being a Pa900 guy with no interest in a new board of any kind, I don't 'have a horse in this race', and I respect every one's opinion about KBs, but before 'jumping off the bandwagon' and cancelling orders, don't you think we should have a few more 'hands on' reviews' ?!? ...
I believe frankiev said he was impressed with the Geno's ...
I am sure there will be some 'Yammies' who will love it, and if not, WOW ... rolleyes

You are 10000% right! Everyone needs to try it in person and decide for themselves, plus use cases are different. For ME this is not a revolutionary keyboard and I will probably be selling it shortly and keeping my pa4x.

#439312 - 10/18/17 07:21 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
zalmang Offline

I posted some updates and more photos on PSR tutorials. Instead of double posting, here's the link:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40470.50.html

#439314 - 10/18/17 07:29 AM Re: GENOS in the HOUSE!! Pics and first impressions... [Re: zalmang]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I like how it looks. Very impressive.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online