SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#439161 - 10/15/17 09:51 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
All of the above, plus at this stage I like to hear about new recipes for fried food. smile

Did you ever hear of the typical dutch Frikandel, bitterbal and Kroket?
I am quite sure you will love them

http://keyszone.boards.net

#439162 - 10/15/17 09:53 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
I visit SynthZone at least once a day.

My Reasons:
1-Fellowship – I have made some precious friends through the years.
2-To see how and what other arranger players are doing.
3-To learn about the new keyboards.
4-To buy and sell my instruments. 80% of my buying and selling has been right here for the last 20 years. And almost all of it was done by trusting the buyer or seller. I bought my Pa900 from Don; If I remember correctly the check and keyboard went out about the same time.

What I would like to see posted is music knowledge that we all do not have. Knowledge like:
1-Chord structure.
2-Chord progressions.
3-Chord substitutions.
4-An easy way to transpose without using the button.
5-Memory lane – Greta musical times that we enjoyed

Plus whatever you have to offer besides the latest instrument discussions; which I feel are important.

Only M.H.O. John C.

Great ideas...

But if you want to discuss things, you will have to start posting about them, start with questions? Or challenges for others to answer them...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#439189 - 10/16/17 07:57 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I love Synthzone too and have made many good friends over the years.

The only thing I'd like to see added is a section for video or audio performances. There are many times that someone posts a video or audio of a performance, and I'd like to check it out but I'll be in situation were I can't.... After awhile the
performance post gets "buried" by all the other posts so sometimes I don't get around to watching it. Maybe having a performance section would help with that. I'm sure Nigel has plenty to do already, so I hate to even bring this up, but that really is the only thing that I feel could make SZ even better.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#439197 - 10/16/17 09:42 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By montunoman

The only thing I'd like to see added is a section for video or audio performances.

Along those lines, how about reviving this thing where we picked a song (or two) and invited members to submit their version of it (along with a detailed account of how they did it and with what - ie. instruments/recording tools). We did it once before and it was fun.

chas

#439199 - 10/16/17 09:58 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree, Chas - it was fun as long as there was some constructive criticism and helpful input from other members. I've posted several over the years and for the most part, I learned a lot of things that were very helpful. Of course, there are other forums that have this feature, and unfortunately, there is rarely anyone that says anything other than how wonderful the song sounds, whether or not it actually does sound good. I don't believe this would be the case here, though.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439202 - 10/16/17 10:14 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, we could ask that responders frame their responses as follows:
1. What I liked was ................
2. What I'd do differently is .............

That might work.

chas

#439205 - 10/16/17 10:30 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Chas, Gary it sounds like a great idea. I like the idea of using a framework for responses.
John C.

#439223 - 10/16/17 12:52 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: cgiles]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
lol!

#439229 - 10/16/17 04:40 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
John, you can program the foot switch or the EC5 to transpose up and down.

#439231 - 10/16/17 06:01 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
A SENIORS PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK.

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.  Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online