SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#439009 - 10/13/17 01:22 PM GENOS - read only sounds and styles?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I saw a video that compared the Genos to something else (not sure, maybe T5, maybe 4x) and they mentioned that the Genos cannot edit sounds or styles - said they were READ ONLY. Can this be possible? In a "workstation" of that price point?
If you're considering this beast - you might want to check this rumor out further.

#439012 - 10/13/17 03:12 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, you have always been able to edit the sounds and styles - don't know where this person got that information. The only ones that cannot be edited onboard are the Audio styles.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439014 - 10/13/17 03:28 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I would tend to agree with Gary. However, Dave's point of "buyer beware" is well taken.

#439015 - 10/13/17 03:54 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Yamaha alway had pretty poor sound editing. And they are getting worse. I was hoping new Genos would break with dumbing us down, but it doesn’t look good so far.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#439016 - 10/13/17 04:08 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Mirza, I have edited more than a dozen sounds using the onboard programs and never had a problem - they all came out great and have been downloaded thousands of times. There is nothing poor about the sound editing and style editing programs on Yamaha arranger keyboards, but only if someone takes the time to read the damned user manual. If you don't read the manual, then it's a user problem - not a keyboard program problem.

Have you ever edited any of the voices or styles on your T5? If so, how about posting them so we can all benefit from your expertise. I have posted my entire USB drive with thousands upon thousands of edited styles and many, many edited voices.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#439017 - 10/13/17 04:25 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I saw a video that compared the Genos to something else (not sure, maybe T5, maybe 4x) and they mentioned that the Genos cannot edit sounds or styles - said they were READ ONLY. Can this be possible? In a "workstation" of that price point?
If you're considering this beast - you might want to check this rumor out further.

Hi Dave,
I think it was the Genos/PA4X comparison Video.
They said you could erase user sounds and styles on the PA4X and replace with your own.
In that regard it is true that it can't be done on any Yamaha KB and it would mean read only.
However you can customize the hell out of the styles and save to user in a different location. Same with sounds.
Eric

#439022 - 10/13/17 05:06 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

A wait and see attitude on genos at this point would be the best bet...

#439023 - 10/13/17 05:13 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

A wait and see attitude on genos at this point would be the best bet...

Martin Harris already demonstrated style assembly on the Genos.
No need to wait. He already showed us. wink
Eric

#439024 - 10/13/17 06:27 PM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Yep! I saw that demo by Martin Harris as well.

Gary cool

#439036 - 10/14/17 03:32 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Lots of style edditing on board
Only basic sound edditing on board
The deep edditing and sound creation is done trough a new version of Yem

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online