SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#439088 - 10/15/17 01:23 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Typical Arranger Player = the way the majority of Arranger buyers use their keyboard, simples.

Bill

#439089 - 10/15/17 01:24 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: rolandfan]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By rolandfan
I play at home for myself as a hobby. I guess if arrangers did not exist, i would not have taken an interest in playing the keyboard. I think todays arrangers sound just as good as a non arranger keyboard...but its just amazing how many things todays arrangers can do for home players that those professional non arranger players will never have

Like What

Bill

#439090 - 10/15/17 01:48 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Styles, multi pads, vocal harmony..

#439091 - 10/15/17 02:26 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: rolandfan]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By rolandfan
Styles, multi pads, vocal harmony..

They create their own backing to suit the arrangement they are creating, so as to make sure it fits what they want, and doesn’t sound like anybody else. (Over the years they build up their own unique backing library) Many also play their own backing live.

Multipads as used on an arranger were on workstations/synths long before arrangers got them. (They just weren’t called Multipads)

Apart from Korg (Which have a version of the TC Helicon vocal harmoniser) the rest fall well short of the quality required for a top notch performance, which is why a separate unit is used to get the best quality.

Anything else

Bill

#439093 - 10/15/17 03:35 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Ok i get what u saying. I guess i want the easy way out.. having everything done already for you. u need alot of talent to create your own style on a non arranger i guess..

#439094 - 10/15/17 04:48 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: rolandfan]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Rolandfan what you are doing is OK in my book, The good Lord did not wire us all the same. ENJOY!

John C.
PS, when I had my music school I was often asked “how am I doing with my lessons”. My replay was ALWAYS the same, ‘If you are enjoying playing instrument don’t change anything”.

#439096 - 10/15/17 05:44 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By abacus
Typical Arranger Player = the way the majority of Arranger buyers use their keyboard, simple.

Bill

THANK YOU Bill, for simplifying this. That's exactly what I meant. I should have known that going into too much detail was bound to rile someone up. I was just trying to weed out NON-typical users such as 'Pro's' and super-techs, whose needs and wants are going to be different from the 'typical' Arranger buyer IN AMERICA (and not just on Synthzone). I guess I should have just asked 'What does the typical...uh, average Arranger kb player want to see in their next kb purchase?'. Anyhow, I'm glad that the majority of responders understood the question and that I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

chas

#439101 - 10/15/17 06:22 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Typical arranger player?

For me, it’s easier to see who’s not interested.

(1). High School students that I sub teach for. More interested in piano/synths. They like to play in bands. One student did buy a DGX 650. But he mostly plays piano.

(2). High school Music teachers including my brother. I’ve tried to get the local high school vocal teacher to allow me to do a demo....no interest.

(3). The assisted living activity directors I know....who play piano. “Too many buttons I’m told”

(4). My cousin and another friend(keyboard players)who entertain. They would rather bring a drum machine.

(5). Old rock and roll players I know from my generation. They like to play in groups and are fans of portable Hammond organs.

The biggest negatives I hear about arrangers from musically inclined keyboard players.

A. No hammered action...not 88 keys.

B. Too many buttons.

C. Playing along with an arranger player means that the band has to follow the arranger player.

#439103 - 10/15/17 06:48 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have tried many times to get my band to follow my beat on an arranger, but they can't follow it or can't hear it. I simplified the beat and even bought earbuds and a headphone amp for a tick tract, but no dice. It is a shame because we need a decent drummer and bass player, and I provide much more. They are content having me play lead and they do things the way they always have.

#439104 - 10/15/17 06:53 AM Re: Who IS the typical Arranger player....... [Re: cgiles]
zuki Offline

Edited by zuki (10/15/17 08:59 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online