SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#438727 - 10/08/17 09:46 AM Be gentle ... it's my first time
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... in TWO WEEKS, that is.

Here's my first vocal rendering since my surgery on Sept 25th. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome - I'm maybe at 90% ... some notes still feel like they're coming from someone else's body, and there's a "cloudiness" to my ears. I sure hope that clears up.
(Threw in the TC at the very end ... just because)
Wish I had enunciated "tomorrow" a little better. frown

Attachments
Who can I turn 2.MP3 (152 downloads)
Description: Jazz piano patch on the PA900 - no rhythm, no pads. Reverb and Delay on the vox - 2 upper harmonies at the end.

Edited by Uncle Dave (10/08/17 10:22 AM)

#438728 - 10/08/17 10:00 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Okay, everyone knows you can sing and play the piano so I'm just going to critique a different aspect. The recording was first rate, in fact it was so good I could detect what sounded to me like just a 'hint' of (hard to describe - a sort of 'metallic' tinge on the very end of the processed (harmonizer) vocal. This could probably be eliminated just by turning down the treble (filter) on the harmonizer. Otherwise, sounds great.

chas

#438729 - 10/08/17 10:06 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
You are a pro , great job I enjoyed it. It's been a few years since I heard you sing "A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square" you sound like a different singer than I remember but as I say that was some years back.

#438731 - 10/08/17 10:18 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Great performance as usual,...no need for any critique who are we to judge? the KORG Pa900 sounds amazing too,....just get well let your vocal chords rest & recover dont push after the procedure it takes time to heal and then your back on stage making people happy with your music ......
Super Song....love it!!

clap clap

Edited by Dnj (10/08/17 11:02 AM)

#438732 - 10/08/17 10:22 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hey - thanks for the positive comments, guys!

#438733 - 10/08/17 10:27 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
turning down the treble (filter) on the harmonizer. Otherwise, sounds great.

chas

Chas, that was the onboard recorder in the PA900, and I probably have the treble set more for the room than a recording. Good point, though ... TC give you the option of processing the harmonies with the same "TONE" circuit as the lead, so, maybe at three times the strength, it comes off as too much. Good advice, thanks.

#438734 - 10/08/17 10:28 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Soooooo ... I changed my spelling "ooops" of GENTILE to GENTLE, in the title, but it still shows up in the replies. Weird, or typical?

#438735 - 10/08/17 10:34 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, your vocals have changed quite a bit since I last heard you. Your voice is much softer now, the quality has always been good, but it seems a bit better now, while you still retained much of the power you had in the past.

Great job,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438736 - 10/08/17 10:51 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave the word pro comes to mind. I listened right through to the end – great job from voice to keyboard.

I’ve heard it said that as you grow older your voice loses the strength and projection’ you are no way near that.

The song you selected is a singer’s song – you did it justice.
John C.

#438739 - 10/08/17 11:21 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would never pass up a chance to hear you sing Dave. It's awesome..what can I say? smile
Chas must have better high end hearing left that I do, and that's entirely possible, but I don't hear that in the harmonizer sound. I wouldn't touch a knob!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online