SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#438867 - 10/10/17 11:54 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave your post got me going. Instead of complaining about my voice losing its quality --- I’m taking deep breaths and singing the scales while I’m driving.

Do Re Me Fa Sol La Te Do – Hold the note as long as I can; then increase in volume, and then decrease in volume.

Thanks, John C.

#438877 - 10/11/17 07:45 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Dave your post got me going. Instead of complaining about my voice losing its quality --- I’m taking deep breaths and singing the scales while I’m driving.

Do Re Me Fa Sol La Te Do – Hold the note as long as I can; then increase in volume, and then decrease in volume.

Thanks, John C.

THAT'S what that racket was! I thought it was my tires whining! smile
Seriously, maybe I should do stuff like that. I just go in every night, grab a cup of coffee, turn on the gear and start singing for the semi-drunk rich people!
I have lost a note or two off the top end, but I suppose that's to be expected. I can growl better now, so maybe that makes up for it. smile

#438878 - 10/11/17 08:01 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don, you have, obviously, been doing the right thing for years in recording your performances and listening and critiquing them on a daily basis. When I learned broadcasting, I did the same thing using a big reel to reel tape recorder. I wanted to sound like Walter Cronkite but that never happened - I just sounded like me, which turned out to be OK. And, you sound like YOU, which is a good thing, though you didn't think that was the case when I first met you. I told you that you had a unique, very good voice - guess I was right in my assessment. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438880 - 10/11/17 08:37 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dave-that'a cool as the drool on an eskimo's ****!

Russ (still gross) Lay

#438882 - 10/11/17 08:46 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD ... I just got a chance to hear this ...
Your voice sounds clear and strong, and of course your piano playing is great as always ...
You are absolutely one of the members of this forum that I would pay to watch perform ...
Keep up the great work ...

#438892 - 10/11/17 11:57 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You guys are spoiling me! Thanks for the votes of confidence - really makes a guy feel good.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online