SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#438742 - 10/08/17 11:54 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... and THIS is why I love this place. Thanks!
With regard to the power issue - I never shout, never growl, don't watch hockey, or scream at my kids ... always use good monitors (IN MY FACE), and try to warm up the pipes before I sing. That last one is tough because I rarely STOP singing. lol
My warmup is all day long. I think I may have lost a pitch, or two at the top of my range, but the power is usually there when I need it. I attribute my best singing lessons to my clarinet lessons. Breathing and support is what it's all about. Learning a wind instrument can teach you that better than most vocal coaches. My theater experience taught me to sing to the back row of the room, so projection has always been important to me. Pays off, too.

So, thanks for the feedback - I'm getting ready to hit the road for my big "comeback" night. Wish me luck!
(fingers crossed)

#438743 - 10/08/17 12:05 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As a matter of fact, what little singing technique I have is most likely carry over from breath control when playing trumpet. I was really good at that, in another life and time. I'm not in your league Dave, and I always learn from listening to you, when you sing and when you "speak".

#438750 - 10/08/17 03:26 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave when I used my guitar or the Korg MicroArranger I put my mic into the Touch Voice Live – then into the voice channel of my Bose. My instrument went into the second channel of the Bose.

For some reason I was getting a much better sound than using the Pa900 for my mic. It seem fuller – but more wires and stuff to carry.

John C.

#438758 - 10/08/17 08:57 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: bruno123]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

#438771 - 10/09/17 06:55 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Dave when I used my guitar or the Korg MicroArranger I put my mic into the Touch Voice Live – then into the voice channel of my Bose. My instrument went into the second channel of the Bose.

For some reason I was getting a much better sound than using the Pa900 for my mic. It seem fuller – but more wires and stuff to carry.

John C.

John,
The difference you heard was probably due to the Bose Preamp - it has a tonematch preset for vocal mic, so in effect, you were preamping your vocal twice. Once in the TC unit, then again in the Bose. Gain staging is crucial in any application, but more so, with vocals, because of the wide dynamic range, and subtle changes in tone, and intensity. If you set the gain correctly in your Korg Mic pre, then adjust the processor to taste, I'm sure you come to a happy medium between that sound, and the sound direct to your Bose. Don't forget - the sound of your keyboard speakers color the tone, as well.

#438797 - 10/09/17 12:07 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That was very nice Dave! Besides having great vocal technique and piano chops, I appreciate your musical artistry. Keep em' coming.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#438802 - 10/09/17 12:38 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: montunoman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
That was very nice Dave! Besides having great vocal technique and piano chops, I appreciate your musical artistry. Keep em' coming.

Thanks! On another topic - I see you're from Dallas. I'm not watching football this season, but the Dallas/GreenBay game was on at work Sunday night ... all I saw was the last 2 minutes - WOW! Like a high school scramble! All those lateral attempts. Very amusing. Sorry 'bout the outcome, but I enjoyed it.
smile

#438804 - 10/09/17 01:24 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By montunoman

Thanks! On another topic - I see you're from Dallas. I'm not watching football this season, but the Dallas/GreenBay game was on at work Sunday night ... all I saw was the last 2 minutes - WOW! Like a high school scramble! All those lateral attempts. Very amusing. Sorry 'bout the outcome, but I enjoyed it.
smile

"You win some. you lose some. But you live, you live to fight another day!"

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#438848 - 10/10/17 10:52 AM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
WOW! Uncle Dave, you have blown me away with your voice and keyboard skills!

#438864 - 10/10/17 07:30 PM Re: Be gentile ... it's my first time [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Thanks, Melodious - you made my day!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online