SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#437824 - 09/22/17 07:07 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: organgrinder]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By organgrinder
I find it hard to believe two long awaited keyboards coming on the market that no one has even heard so even played can be so put down by the very people that have asked for them. Korg and Yamaha have been working for years to give you what you want. Why just not say thank you and enjoy what wonderful tools they have made for us. Most other companies have forgotten about us
arranger players but korg and yamaha keep giving us more.
Let's just say thank you and enjoy them.
Mel

Thank You oh Holy Yamaha and Korg bow

Edited by FransN (09/22/17 07:08 AM)

#437825 - 09/22/17 08:03 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Too much hype.......hell yes. At this moment in time, with the threat of nuclear war, and earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes killing hundreds and making thousands homeless, it seems to me that this total obsession with a piece of frivolous technology does make us seem a little bit uh.....shallow. There are many that are willing to shell out $5-6000.00 for a toy but wouldn't even consider giving one dime for disaster relief to help people that have lost EVERYTHING. But enough about that.

I view the Genos as a Ferrari that must be driven on a highway with strictly enforced speed limits; those speed limits being YOUR talent and playing ability. If 55mph is your limit, then a Honda Civic is going to get you there at the same time (and possibly in more comfort) than the Ferrari.

Sure, technology is great and I fully embrace it, but let's not go nuts about it. Use the time you spend digging up 'suspect' videos to practice some scales, learn some new tunes, or maybe just turn on the TV and see what ELSE is going on in the world. JMO.

chas

..........and the hype for the newest iphones are on the list too......there's a difference no talent need to turn on and play with an iPhone.

#437827 - 09/22/17 08:20 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
124 Offline

At a grand a pop I'm glad I don't do cellphones.:)

#437828 - 09/22/17 08:36 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
[quote=Stephenm....there's a difference no talent need to turn on and play with an iPhone. [/quote]

... there's NOT ?!?!? ... confused1 redface

#437829 - 09/22/17 08:37 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The 'big announcement' that I'd like to hear from Yamaha is that they plan to donate one tenth of one percent of their profits to help ease the plight of some of their former customers caught up in the latest string of natural disasters. When that happens, I'll be happy to "just say thank you and enjoy them".

chas

#437830 - 09/22/17 08:56 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
Thank you Ketron, Yamaha and Korg. I really appreciate all your efforts to give us these marvelous instruments. I'm looking forward to checking out your new keyboards.

I'm here for a "good time" not a "long time".

#437835 - 09/22/17 09:49 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, Yamaha does donate to many such disasters, and while they do most of this in Japan, which makes perfectly good sense, they also perform similar civic functions in other parts of the world.

https://www.yamaha.com/en/csr/community/donations/

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#437838 - 09/22/17 10:30 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
cgiles Offline

Gary, that's great. Thank you for bringing that to my/our attention. I love it when large corporations show and promote a sense of civic responsibility, so kudos to Yamaha for that. Let's hope that most of the other corporate giants do the same. Let's face it, their public image of late has been mostly one of corporate greed.

As a group, Synthzone was very responsive to Hurricane Sandy. I hope that we will again rise to the occasion for this latest series of tragedies. Everyone here can spare $10. Just send it to any disaster relief fund, charity, etc. that you feel comfortable with. You'll be suprised at how good it'll make you feel. Okay, sermon over.

chas

#437839 - 09/22/17 10:55 AM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, my wife and I already donated to both the Red Cross and Salvation Army for hurricane relief. Both agencies have already provided a huge amount of assistance to those in need in the keys. I have two friends with homes in the keys, one in Marathon Key and one in Big Pine Key. Both suffered significant damage, and have already began repairing their homes with what little building materials are available. Both Home Depot and Lowes have 5 tractor/trailer loads of supplies arriving daily and lines of people stretched around the buildings waiting to get in the store to purchase the supplies.

The Army Corps Of Engineers is blue-roofing (Blue Poly Tarp) many of the homes with roof damage, and FEMA has roofing crews out replacing and repairing roofs throughout the region. When the storm hit, there were 200 boats moored in Boot Key Harbor. After it passed, only 50 were remaining. The others were either blown out to sea, or smashed into the bridges and mangroves.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#437844 - 09/22/17 12:47 PM Re: Genos...too much hype [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Chas, my wife and I already donated to both the Red Cross and Salvation Army for hurricane relief.

No suprise there Gary, since you have a long history of helping people. BTW, both (RC and SA) are great organizations and deserving of our support. Glad you still feel well enough to care about other people. Maybe that's why we're here, that, and to make memories for our kids smile.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online