SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#438006 - 09/27/17 12:19 PM Re: Arranger players, I have a question.. [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Philadelphia Pa, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Playing my own bass lines allows me to "accent" or hit certain lines with a unity that can only come when LH and RH are free to work together.

You mean like a jazz organist? smile smile smile

chas

ABSOLUTELY! Those guys set the stage for the rest of us.

#438008 - 09/27/17 12:30 PM Re: Arranger players, I have a question.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just saw a taped performance of the Young Rascals....with a BASS player! He sounded good, but it wasn't the same. Maybe Felix is getting tired!

R.

#438347 - 10/02/17 05:40 PM Re: Arranger players, I have a question.. [Re: Fran Carango]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
When I started to learn it was classical piano all the way, then of all things banjo, mandolin then electric 5 string bass. Then during that time landed back onto an arranger for teaching and backing. But to play I get board just playing "styles" and on the single stuff left hand , so back to full bass on the left hand - more satisfying.
I am not a professional like you guys here, but it is sure good to play at but church and record with an arranger knowing you can play all the instruments yourself. I am also frustrated sax player ( never learnt till I got an arranger that simulates it for me). That's an option about these boards, that you can almost be a Glen Miller or a Stevie Ray Vaughan or Jimmy Smith; and play your own bass lines under them.

#438359 - 10/02/17 08:53 PM Re: Arranger players, I have a question.. [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile
PSR-S950, Bose L1 Compact (2), TC Helicon Harmony-M, Digitech VR (3), Barbetta Sona 32C, Crown CM311A (3), Samson Q7 (2), Samson Wireless, Sennheiser E855, Custom Console, Morgan 33 Out Island Sailboat, and lots of other silly stuff!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online