SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#437300 - 09/11/17 05:56 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Just so you know, VIP 3.0 just became compatible with your keyboard
Its available as a free download trough your Maudio account.

Enjoy playing with it...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437322 - 09/11/17 05:51 PM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

Enjoy playing with it...

Bachus, I downloaded it and installed... but have no success either as a stand alone or within Ableton Live or MixCraft8..

I would appreciate any help...if I am doing something wrong..

It was authorized and downloaded .. It shows in Ableton as a VST (same with MC8).... I tried re install same results..

If someone else was successful... maybe let me know the steps you took..

#437330 - 09/11/17 08:44 PM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Torch Offline

The Code61 is a very nice looking controller. It is more appealing now that it comes with VIP 3 for free. Probably a Code 88 will never happen. Still, I want to try out VIP 3. I might as well get a $99 controller and get the software for free.

Some plug-ins do act funny. You might try to start your DAW or host in administrator mode. The fact that even the standalone version doesn't start makes me think that it might indeed have something to do with the Administrator privilege. The second thing that I am suspecting is if the VST dll and other related files are in the same folder. It happened to me with Mixcraft Pro Pianissimo. I moved the Pianissimo dll file, but it was not firing up, and then I noticed that there are other related files. I moved them all and put them in the same folder. Then it worked.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#437341 - 09/12/17 04:17 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Bachus

Enjoy playing with it...

Bachus, I downloaded it and installed... but have no success either as a stand alone or within Ableton Live or MixCraft8..

I would appreciate any help...if I am doing something wrong..

It was authorized and downloaded .. It shows in Ableton as a VST (same with MC8).... I tried re install same results..

If someone else was successful... maybe let me know the steps you took..

I am sorry Fran, i am still at vacation in Indonesia(what a lovely and musicall country)

Late next week i will be back in Holland, if you still have had no succes i will see what i can do to help you out..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437387 - 09/12/17 09:30 PM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Bachus, I got it up and running (sorta).. It is not stable.. yet.

After the better part of two days.. I watched an old video of 2.0 VIP being installed..it was closer than what I understood to install 3.0..

It was a total fiasco.... and still glitched..

There is a learning curve... not to run VIP. but to install it grin

Honestly at this point I can say I prefer using MixCraft8 as the wrapper (host)..it is very similar result wise, easier to see and find, especially while playing..

I am/was interested in stand alone mode, but the boot time is actually faster in MixCraft8..

I think I have about 2,000 VST's so it is easy enough to find what I need... MC8 also has categories.. (It doesn't tell you the color of your eyes) smile....

Maybe if I had to sort thru 20,000 sounds... it would have more value to me.. If it worked flawlessly shocked

I will spend a few more days with it...and see if I can grow to like it.... so far NO!!!

At least it was a benefit from buying the Code61 (free)..

My guess AKAI is bailing out on VIP (making it available to other manufacturers).... probably another design in the works..

I can see it more valuable in the studio ...

AKAI needs to post directions to "how to install VIP 3.0"

I also had conflicts running VIP in Ableton live9 and MixCraft8..

#437388 - 09/13/17 12:31 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Bachus, I got it up and running (sorta).. It is not stable.. yet.

After the better part of two days.. I watched an old video of 2.0 VIP being installed..it was closer than what I understood to install 3.0..

It was a total fiasco.... and still glitched..

There is a learning curve... not to run VIP. but to install it grin

Honestly at this point I can say I prefer using MixCraft8 as the wrapper (host)..it is very similar result wise, easier to see and find, especially while playing..

I am/was interested in stand alone mode, but the boot time is actually faster in MixCraft8..

I think I have about 2,000 VST's so it is easy enough to find what I need... MC8 also has categories.. (It doesn't tell you the color of your eyes) smile....

Maybe if I had to sort thru 20,000 sounds... it would have more value to me.. If it worked flawlessly shocked

I will spend a few more days with it...and see if I can grow to like it.... so far NO!!!

At least it was a benefit from buying the Code61 (free)..

My guess AKAI is bailing out on VIP (making it available to other manufacturers).... probably another design in the works..

I can see it more valuable in the studio ...

AKAI needs to post directions to "how to install VIP 3.0"

I also had conflicts running VIP in Ableton live9 and MixCraft8..

Hi Fran

There was a big change between VST 2 & 3 instruments and most give you the option of which program (Or dll) to use, just make sure the one you choose matches your host in your DAW otherwise problems can occur, in addition many .dll come in various channel flavours (4, 8, 16 etc.) so make sure you choose one that is compatible with your DAW, finally most modern VST require at least Windows 7 (Or the latest MAC OS) to load and work correctly, as otherwise there can be operational problems. (Although in most cases if the OS is too old it won’t install)

Hope this helps

Bill

#437396 - 09/13/17 04:26 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Bill, I use windows10.... I didn't have any DLL problems that I noticed... other than proprietary VST's from MixCraft..

I will still try to work with VIP... but it seems to make more sense to use MC 8.. Many other features are at hand.. recording, mixer with EQ etc all easily accessible ...

#437397 - 09/13/17 04:28 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Bill, I use windows10.... I didn't have any DLL problems that I noticed... other than proprietary VST's from MixCraft..

I will still try to work with VIP... but it seems to make more sense to use MC 8.. Many other features are at hand.. recording, mixer with EQ etc all easily accessible ...

#437412 - 09/13/17 07:58 AM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Getting around a bit more on the VIP in stand alone mode..

As you get more comfortable with the operating procedure... the flow is getting better...

VIP would be a great addition for folks that want to use VST's..
Years ago you would spend Big Bucks on hardware to do half what the software does..

If you have a decent DAW, I think the advantage is to use the DAW..

My choice between Ableton live9 lite and VIP stand alone..... I would use VIP.

#437441 - 09/13/17 04:21 PM Re: My M-Audio Code 61 review [Re: Fran Carango]
Torch Offline

While I am waiting for my M-Audio Code 61, I tried out the demo version of VIP 3.0 today. Fortunately, everything went smooth in my Surface Pro and Lenovo hybrid though I had to activate and deactivate the iLok license between the two PCs. Both the standalone and 64 bit VST version Opened just fine in in Ableton Live, Gig Performer, VSTHost, and Mixcraft 8 Pro.

It was pretty impressive to see VIP to automatically map all the patches of Kotakt, Korg M1, Korg Wavestation, many apps included NI Komplete, Omnisphere, just about every single instrument/effect plugin by Air Music Technology, and so forth. What delighted me is that between patches in a given plugin and between plug-ins many patches were switched on instantly with patch remain. Korg M1's patches are very small and they switch on instantly, but Structure 2 by Air Music? That is a sampler like Kontakt, and it takes some time for some patches to load up. However, in VIP they were instant. I just don't understand how it does that. Plug-ins load up in VIP very quickly for some reason, and I am not complaining. smile I'm glad that I jumped in, and I consider the Code 61 a nice bonus to this software. I'll say that VIP is a must for those who have lots of VST instruments.

Also, the future of VIP seems to be very good. Sweetwater called me and said that it would take one week before they receive another shipment of the Code 61. The Code series must be selling well.

Besides, Akai, Alesis, M-Audio, and other manufacturers actually belong the same mother company called Inmusic Brands. The software VIP is, of course, by them, too. They just updated VIP to 3.0, and the user base is growing. So I think this is a safe investment.

A screen capture of my Lenovo. You can see all the patches of a vst plugin.

Edited by Torch (09/13/17 04:33 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online