SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#436941 - 09/04/17 12:19 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I hate to critisize but jeez, we can't find anything more interesting or intellectually stimulating to talk about than 'how do I carry my mic?'. What's next, how do I change my diaper? I'd love to see some of the responses if someone posted something like this on Keyboard Corner. Just sayin'.

chas

Edited by cgiles (09/04/17 02:11 PM)

#436952 - 09/04/17 02:56 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I hate to critisize but jeez, we can't find anything more interesting or intellectually stimulating to talk about than 'how do I carry my mic?'. What's next, how do I change my diaper? I'd love to see some of the responses if someone posted something like this on Keyboard Corner. Just sayin'.

chas

yea I guess I better jump on the more interesting SDOTD site and buy a new music stand..just sayin..

#436954 - 09/04/17 03:58 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

yea I guess I better jump on the more interesting SDOTD site and buy a new music stand..just sayin..

You really should. Then you can start a post about how to put it together.

smile

chas

#436955 - 09/04/17 04:15 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Make sure it matches your new keyboard bench smile smile. Can't wait to hear all the exciting details.

Your best buddy,

chas

#436956 - 09/04/17 05:25 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Beakybird]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Beakybird
I've been using the Crown CM311A for over 15 years. I use a Tupperware type of container without padding. I also keep my mic cable and keyboard A/C adapter in the container, and that probably provides some cushioning for the mic.
I usually go about 4 years between mic repairs, and I do over 400 shows per year. I don't think I would have better results with a padded mic container. For my needs, this would create more bulk and add time to my setup and take down. Just one minute times 400 shows = 6 hours and 40 minutes of time per year.

I can understand how someone who is doing 400 gigs a year would be looking to cut every minute of set up-break down time as possible, so I guess if using a Tupperware container works helps with that, then fine ...
What I had to smile about was the calculation of the 6 hours and 40 minutes of time "saved" per year ... Does one save "Time in a Bottle" (to use the title of one of the late Jim Croce's songs) ? ... how are those 6 hours and 40 minutes spent? ... does one play a couple more gigs in that time?
Just wonderin' ...
DISCLAIMER - the above was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek ...

BTW ... I have a nephew who once commented about his dad who was always making a list of stores to go to when he went out so he would "save a trip" ... my nephew wondered where his father put all those "saved trips" ... he was concerned that one day he would open a closet and all those "saved trips" would come falling out on top of him ... grin

#436958 - 09/04/17 06:38 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Beakybird
I've been using the Crown CM311A for over 15 years. I use a Tupperware type of container without padding. I also keep my mic cable and keyboard A/C adapter in the container, and that probably provides some cushioning for the mic.
I usually go about 4 years between mic repairs, and I do over 400 shows per year. I don't think I would have better results with a padded mic container. For my needs, this would create more bulk and add time to my setup and take down. Just one minute times 400 shows = 6 hours and 40 minutes of time per year.

I can understand how someone who is doing 400 gigs a year would be looking to cut every minute of set up-break down time as possible, so I guess if using a Tupperware container works helps with that, then fine ...
What I had to smile about was the calculation of the 6 hours and 40 minutes of time "saved" per year ... Does one save "Time in a Bottle" (to use the title of one of the late Jim Croce's songs) ? ... how are those 6 hours and 40 minutes spent? ... does one play a couple more gigs in that time?
Just wonderin' ...
DISCLAIMER - the above was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek ...

BTW ... I have a nephew who once commented about his dad who was always making a list of stores to go to when he went out so he would "save a trip" ... my nephew wondered where his father put all those "saved trips" ... he was concerned that one day he would open a closet and all those "saved trips" would come falling out on top of him ... grin

Tony,

You have 11,115 post on General arranger. By my calculations you could have saved 23 days by not posting. grin

I can't imagine all the time I could have saved if I didn't have the internet.

Jerry

#436960 - 09/04/17 06:53 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

But what would we DO with all that time we saved ...
... and I have over 11,000 posts ?!?!? surprised

#436961 - 09/04/17 07:20 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

What's the rush?

#436962 - 09/04/17 07:35 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Geeze, I just noticed that I have actually posted more than Tony M - WOW! A real milestone for me. However, Tony found time to go to Europe I found time to sail the entire east coast, and we both posted during those trips. wink The only difference is that I was the captain of my ship, while tony was a passenger. smile

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#436970 - 09/04/17 09:26 PM Re: How do you carry your HEADSET Mic on the road? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Geeze, I just noticed that I have actually posted more than Tony M - WOW! A real milestone for me.

That comes as NO surprise to me Gary ... you have me by a mile - over 1,000 more ... and if we ever started counting words - surprised

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

However, Tony found time to go to Europe I found time to sail the entire east coast, and we both posted during those trips. wink The only difference is that I was the captain of my ship, while tony was a passenger. smile
All the best,
Gary cool

My rank in the US Army was Sgt. - no need to be a captain ... wink

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online