SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#435788 - 08/09/17 11:22 AM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
ok, watched it twice now. What did everyone think?

Deane

#435789 - 08/09/17 11:31 AM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
ok, watched it twice now. What did everyone think?

Deane

Deane I watched it live also and again,....I used to prince AJ's demos been with him many times thru the years since the X1. For me since I had a SD7 for a while the SD9 has some very interesting feature that if you know how can really customize your styles and music in a unique way so you can create whatever you want to if that what you want to do.
I really enjoy the guitar strums within the style and Live drums. AJ demonstrated how you can rearrange parts easily to make your own styles too,..Watching it all on a larger monitor really exemplifies all the displayed features in an easy to use layout. It's a very fine arranger that really sounds good. Deane Are you thinking of getting Two SD9's now to replace your SD7's or? And what did you think and how about others who saw it?
I thank Frank & Prince AJ for their efforts it was very kool! cool2

#435792 - 08/09/17 01:08 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
hammer Offline

Hi Donny,

I will have to hear some real good demos of the sounds and styles. Frankly, the added features don't attract my attention. Also, if Ketron has gone way out front in the "modern" era sounds and styles it would do me no good. My income and audiences come from the over 70 age group and what I am finding is the new releases of arranger keyboards are trending to the much younger age groups. I would like to have seen some Jazz, Swing, and Foxtrot sounds and styles used in the presentation along with the others. Just have to wait and see.

Deane

#435793 - 08/09/17 01:14 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A problem that will continue as long as AKBs are being manufactured ... the younger crowd will want styles for playing modern music, we older guys will want styles for 'our' music ...

#435798 - 08/09/17 02:08 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Hi Donny,

I will have to hear some real good demos of the sounds and styles. Frankly, the added features don't attract my attention. Also, if Ketron has gone way out front in the "modern" era sounds and styles it would do me no good. My income and audiences come from the over 70 age group and what I am finding is the new releases of arranger keyboards are trending to the much younger age groups. I would like to have seen some Jazz, Swing, and Foxtrot sounds and styles used in the presentation along with the others. Just have to wait and see.
Deane

Deane I hear ya, ....but at this stage of the game do you really even need to change keyboards? you have Two SD7s which sound great and do the job for you very well...with some tweaking and editing you can make it sound anyway you need to I'm sure....good luck.

#435809 - 08/09/17 04:37 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I'm here for a "good time" not a long time....

I try and get the best gear I can possibly afford. I consider it "Tools of the Trade".

I watched the Facebook presentation at Frank's CT Audio and was really impressed with what was demonstrated. Ketron and Ajamsonic received some very good suggestions from the audience and are going to update the OS to add these suggested features.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AudioworksCT/videos/?ref=page_internal

#435810 - 08/09/17 04:40 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
hammer Offline

Donny,
You made a great point. The Ketron SD7 has been a great keyboard for me. I downloaded thousands of Ketron Legacy styles and have eliminated most of them and have a great collection of very good styles for the SD7 that fit just about all the kinds of music I will ever play at a gig.

Also, this year the number of gigs I have booked has more than doubled and I already have many bookings for 2018! The only change I have made is the SD7 - kind of makes me believe the great sound of the Ketron has made it happen. I get a lot of compliments on the sound of the SD7 at my gigs.
What more is there to say.

Deane

#435811 - 08/09/17 05:07 PM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Donny,
You made a great point. The Ketron SD7 has been a great keyboard for me. I downloaded thousands of Ketron Legacy styles and have eliminated most of them and have a great collection of very good styles for the SD7 that fit just about all the kinds of music I will ever play at a gig.

Also, this year the number of gigs I have booked has more than doubled and I already have many bookings for 2018! The only change I have made is the SD7 - kind of makes me believe the great sound of the Ketron has made it happen. I get a lot of compliments on the sound of the SD7 at my gigs.
What more is there to say.

Deane

Id say you found your Nirvana Deane,... now go give 'em hell buddy and most of all have fun making people happy with your music!! keys

#435832 - 08/10/17 08:57 AM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
The SD9 does add allot of Live guitars and live drums, more than are on the SD7, also the SD9 will eventually have the ability to add more sounds via expansion memory. Also, the SD9 has a style creator, where the SD7 does not.

#435833 - 08/10/17 09:15 AM Re: Live Stream of Ketron SD9 at AudioworksCT today [Re: frankieve]
Dnj Offline

The style creator is so kool,....after all styles is what drives an Arr KB...
having the ability to crate your own any way you need is a big Plus..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online