SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43562 - 12/07/05 03:12 PM Using the KN7000 as a PC Sound Card
GAJ52 Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm not sure if I should be posting this in this forum or a Cubase forum...here goes anyway.

I read with great interest in 'Getting the most from your KN7000' page 47 the advantage of using the KN7000 as a PC sound card because all the audio is converted to digital before it passes down the USB cable. So I thought I would try and record a midi file played on the KN7000 and record it into Cubase as an audio file. It worked ok except there was a 1.5 to 2 sec delay between the KN playing and the Cubase monitor playing back the audio as it was recorded. I was hoping to record a CD backing track into cubase and play either the keyboard or my guitar (via the KN7000 line in) to the backing track, but the 2 sec delay might be a problem. Has anybody tried this and come up with a solution.

Glen

#43563 - 12/08/05 07:39 AM Re: Using the KN7000 as a PC Sound Card
sturgeon Offline

Sounds like you have a soundcard latency problem on your PC. You need an ASIO driver with its latency set to below 20ms if you are going to monitor and record in real time through a PC soundcard (look in audio sytem setup)- or you could monitor through the KN speakers and just use the PC for playback.

If your soundcard doesn't have an ASIO driver try asio4all (www.asio4all.com), it works a treat!

Cheers,

s.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online