SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#435145 - 07/28/17 10:03 AM Another Retirement Benefit...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One of the main problems with working as a full-time entertainer/performer was that you rarely spent time with your family. You worked as much as possible, never turned down a job, worked nearly every possible holiday because of the increased pay, worked doubles, weekends, etc... The entire family was neglected, especially the children. When I had a free hour or day, I always tried to include my wife and children in some kind of outdoor, recreational activity. As year progressed, the children married and moved away. Yesterday, I went fishing at the Monacy River with my son, something I had not done in many years. The water was chilly and a bit muddy, so the fishing was not productive, however, we enjoyed each others company and later went to Buffalo Hot Wings for supper and a beer.

Tonight, my daughter and I will leave for a 2 day trip to Virginia and visit Turner Sculpture, something I had promised to do quite some time ago. Just a dad and daughter trip, and she is really looking forward to it. We'll have dinner, on me of course, at a local restaurant on the Delmarva Peninsula, one that serves the best crab cakes and ice cold beer.

Attached is a video of yesterday's fishing trip, which includes a short segment of underwater shots of my son's homemade fishing lures that he created and made with his 3D printer. Both of my children are extremely creative and inventive, something I sincerely believe they inherited from both Carol and I.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#435146 - 07/28/17 10:14 AM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Now there's man lovin life to the fullest ...enjoy!

#435154 - 07/28/17 11:50 AM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary this is proof that there more to life besides keyboards. You’re a blessed man.
Is that your son towards the end of the video?

Take good care, John C.

#435160 - 07/28/17 01:15 PM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Yes, that is my son, John, who just turned 51 in March of this year. Hard to believe that he is 51, though. He was carded last night at Buffalo Wild Wings when we ordered a beer. The young girl there didn't believe he was 21, let alone 51. LOL!

His new wife, is just one year younger than he is, has the same birthday and looks much, much younger as well.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
John and Mina.jpg

#435253 - 07/30/17 08:49 AM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: travlin'easy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hiya Gary! Wow, they sure do not look 50ish, amazing! What a good looking couple.

Your river sure looks cooler (temp) than where I was last night, catfishing on the Sulphur River here. They weren't biting for us very well either. Caught four, but three were 5 pounders, beautiful blue cats.

Those lures look awesome, how cool!

You are ever the techie, cheers!

#435260 - 07/30/17 09:51 AM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
When is the fish fry Bill?

#435261 - 07/30/17 10:29 AM Re: Another Retirement Benefit... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Bill, glad to see you posting, and hope you and Don enjoy those catfish fillets. smile We catch lots of channel catfish right where my boat is docked at the mouth of the Susquehanna River, some in the 30 pound category. Not my favorite, though. Guess I've been spoiled catching lots of larger, saltwater species of fish over the years.

Gary cool

Attachments
GARYTUNA.jpg

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online