SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43479 - 02/16/04 11:09 AM Database
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I have a database of all my rhythms and songs. After using the database to find a specific rhythm I then have to navigate my way through all the folders in the file selection box to load via USB into the keyboard.
My question is this, can this process be automated from within the database (at present I use MS Works but can use Access if necessary) by using a macro, shortcut or any other procedure. It would save an awful lot of time.

Thanks
Sapphire

#43480 - 02/17/04 03:34 AM Re: Database
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Sapphire
One step at a time please - what model of Technics keyboard do you have; and how many songs/rhythms are you talking about?
Roger M

#43481 - 02/17/04 04:27 AM Re: Database
technicsplayer Offline

no, because even if you could link the folder or file location to the database object and then open it, you can't drag and drop into the Song Manager load area. You could program a macro to open folders within Song Manager with third party key or mouse stroke programs, I've done this in other applications, but that would take longer than a lot of normal loading in the meantime I guess, and would mean a script for every file or folder location.

#43482 - 02/17/04 10:12 AM Re: Database
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Roger M sorry but as I know what keyboard I own I assume the rest of the world does. It's a KN2400 and I have around 800 rhythms (many are duplicated). Once again, sorry for not giving you all the information.

Technicsplayer thanks for your reply. I had a feeling what the answer would be but it was worth a try.

Thanks
Sapphire

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online