SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43469 - 11/29/06 09:05 AM SD Explorer on song list
Almin Offline

Loc: Geraldine, Canterbury, New Zea...
Is there any way to get SD Explorer to stay on song list mode? I can push display hold, but unless I push it each time, the screen goes back to home. Help please!

#43470 - 11/29/06 09:40 AM Re: SD Explorer on song list
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
You've got me awfly confused Al, I thought SD Explorer was a software programme on your PC....
Rog

#43471 - 11/29/06 10:16 AM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there

I think the feature you are describing is the Technics KN7000 feature and is nothing to do with the SD Explorer tool.

Pressing SD - orange shaped button middle right hand side above panel memories.

Select 2nd left option - SD PREFERENCES

Choose SONG SELECT METHOD

You have various options on how you wish your SD card to be displayed UNFORTUNATELY, SONG LIST MODE is NOT one of them.

The options listed for your choice are:-
FOLDER LIST
ALPHABET LIST/SORT
LOAD BY NUMBER
SD SOUND LOAD

Whichever you select you must select OK afterwards to keep this as your required choice.

OR

You may also mean the SD SONG MEDLEY feature and selecting MODE etc., more information really needed.

I apologise if I have misunderstood your question. Joan

#43472 - 11/29/06 03:52 PM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
.........OR - Maybe Al is referring to 'Sound Explorer'?? in which case, do the following :
Press Customise > Display Time Out > move the Red cursor down to 'SOUND/RHYTHM SELECT' and then change the 'TIME' setting to 'HOLD'. Press OK and Exit x 2. This will automatically set the 'DISPLAY HOLD' function ON, when you select any of the Sound Group or Rhythm Group buttons

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43473 - 11/30/06 11:37 PM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Almin Offline

What a dope! Of course SD Explorer is the computer software program. What I was hoping for was a method to make the K7 stay on song list mode. I guess it can't be done. Thanks anyway.

------------------
Alan Minnear

#43474 - 11/30/06 11:38 PM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Almin Offline

What a dope! Of course SD Explorer is the computer software program. What I was hoping for was a method to make the K7 stay on song list mode. I guess it can't be done. Thanks anyway.

------------------
Alan Minnear

#43475 - 12/01/06 03:22 AM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Alan, Can you explain exactly what you mean by 'Song List Mode' - which buttons are you pressing to view the screen in question?

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#43476 - 12/01/06 08:50 AM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Almin Offline

Bill - when I hold the orange SD load button, it goes to the SD load screen. This is where the folders are all shown. This is the screen I want to remain on. My good friend Bob Hendershot told me to hit display hold before loading a song for the screen to remain. This works but must be done everytime or the screen defaults to the one you get on load up. With the K5 HD, I could set the display to remain permanently on the song list screen - I thought there would have been this option too in the K7.

------------------
Alan Minnear

#43477 - 12/01/06 12:37 PM Re: SD Explorer on song list
Bill Norrie Offline

OK Alan - now I understand - Bob's solution is the only way that I can see of retaining that screen, since it naturally reverts to the 'Home' display after Loading a file.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online