SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#434615 - 07/18/17 11:32 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Bachus, have you tried the midi-to-style converter after the update on the PA4X? If you have a good midi file, it's quick and easy to make a pretty good style. Yes, you usually need to do some "tweaking" after the conversion, but it's easy to do...adjust some style part volumes, maybe change to factory sounds from GM sounds

Yes i have, with varying results... most of the time i get two really usefull variations, which is enough for a style to be usefull..

But then in order to use that feature, one would have to create a high quallity midi file.. unless like me you copy files from the web, which would be a little unfair for a performing musician.. unless he buys them..

My comments where aimed at creating styles from scratch...

Next to Korg, also the Ketron SD9 should get a nomination for being able te create their own styles... their interface for copying parts between styles is incredible...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#434619 - 07/18/17 12:24 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Bill Lewis]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

They never really caught on big in the first place.

That's what I thought to when I saw this topic. Here in the USA I've only seen a few guys performing in public arrangers with auto accompaniment. Just from my observations from the last few years, when I hear solo or duo, they are playing live without tracks or drum machines. Usually guitar players, sometimes with a loop pedal. The acoustic, organic," unplugged" sound seems to be what general expectation is for a solo/duo act.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#434631 - 07/18/17 03:15 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Bachus wrote: "...if they crossbreed ableton lives clip launching with Style tracks, everyone will love it... for what it is and nit recognise how close it comes to styles... again i point out to the Ketron SD9 luanchpads, as this is what they are trying to do..."

Bachus, doesn't the Casio MZ-X500 also purport to have this ability? I haven't seen one in person and I know the quality / keybed isn't the greatest. But I'm pretty sure I read on here that it has this feature , and represents a huge step toward the arranger-workstation hybrid everyone's been waiting for.

Edited by TedS (07/18/17 03:16 PM)

#434636 - 07/18/17 06:55 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: TedS]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When we start creating or editing styles we expose who we are – it becomes personal.

I trashed 90% of the styles I created. But I have kept most of the styles that I have edited. I need to edit a style to hear what is in my head.

John C.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online