SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#434522 - 07/16/17 06:24 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I feel that a Pro OMB will fade here in the US. The arranger keyboard will not be used as a main instrument, but just as another tool.

John C.

#434524 - 07/16/17 07:55 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Maybe the next Yamaha arranger will be so unique and special that it will help spark arranger sales and provide a boost to OMBs. Maybe we’ll all get excited again, at least to hold everyone’s attention for the next 3 to 4 years. If the Genos does appear, who’s going to be the first to speculate or ask when the Genos 2 will be coming out?

#434532 - 07/17/17 04:01 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
..and the other question is ...what is Replacing arranger kbs?

And not just Roland aira series...
There is Korg Volca
Roland boutique
Analogue synthesizer revival
New affordable analogue synthesizers from Behringer
And offcourse ipad apps and DAW's

And if the youth really wants to learn and play an instrument..
They choose digital piano's
Quite affordable, like the Roland fp-90 which offers so much for its €1600
And if they want to step up, the RD-20000.. still only half the price of a Tyros

Strange thing is, they dont know what an arranger can do for them on stage
And then, does a piano player need styles? Or does a drumcomputer do the job?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#434534 - 07/17/17 04:46 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: J. Larry]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By J. Larry
If the Genos does appear, who’s going to be the first to speculate or ask when the Genos 2 will be coming out?

Uhhh, I think we know the answer to that one. Just sayin'.

smile

chas

#434535 - 07/17/17 05:35 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj
..and the other question is ...what is Replacing arranger kbs?

And not just Roland aira series...
There is Korg Volca
Roland boutique
Analogue synthesizer revival
New affordable analogue synthesizers from Behringer
And offcourse ipad apps and DAW's

And if the youth really wants to learn and play an instrument..
They choose digital piano's
Quite affordable, like the Roland fp-90 which offers so much for its €1600
And if they want to step up, the RD-20000.. still only half the price of a Tyros

Strange thing is, they dont know what an arranger can do for them on stage
And then, does a piano player need styles? Or does a drumcomputer do the job?

let me add most "arranger uninformed" pro musicians I know dont want to play to a premade repetitious track aka "styles" and rather create from scratch their own songs the way they want them arranged using a sequencer & multitracking to get the results exactly how it needs to be ....yes and arranger makes the process easier to a point but the creation process starts with sequencing for the real pro and I can understand that...there is a definite "DIVIDE" between the two camps Arranger & workstation etc....and its not getting any closer as you can see by less and less companies manufacturing arrangers and kids today and musicians making music in so many other ways,...
everything has its time.

#434537 - 07/17/17 06:32 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've found that the musicians who inquire about my keyboard are generally amazed at the capabilities. They all assume I'm playing with "tracks", and often ask if I made them or bought them. They have no idea about arrangers.

#434538 - 07/17/17 07:47 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#434540 - 07/17/17 08:06 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I've found that the musicians who inquire about my keyboard are generally amazed at the capabilities. They all assume I'm playing with "tracks", and often ask if I made them or bought them. They have no idea about arrangers.

Here lies a big problem as ignorance, knowledge, is certainly lacking and manufacturers need to start putting more efforts into the education to the end user of their products....

Edited by Dnj (07/17/17 08:10 AM)

#434549 - 07/17/17 10:40 AM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think you have to accept the fact that no matter what the capabilities, the quality of the sounds, the ease of use, the practicality/utility, the excellence of the technology, the quality of the demos, or the massiveness of the marketing effort; a large percentage of people/musicians JUST DON'T LIKE THE CONCEPT (of an arranger), especially for professional use. Just a fact of life. Therefore, pursuing this endless debate is futile (and maybe even a little ridiculous).

JMO.

chas

#434561 - 07/17/17 03:01 PM Re: Where are Pro Arranger KB Players headed? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM

Here lies a big problem as ignorance, knowledge, is certainly lacking and manufacturers need to start putting more efforts into the education to the end user of their products....

Donny, you know as well as I do, the vast majority of the musicians on this, and most other forums, rarely take the instruction manual out of the Zip-Loc bag it arrived in with their arranger keyboard. It's a fact!

I still get a dozen emails every week from forum members on this and a couple other forums asking how to do something that is clearly spelled out in the manual. Of course, all of this takes time to learn, and like most folks today, that is the last thing they want in their world of instant gratification, I phones, touch screens, etc...

If it takes any effort other than pushing a single button or touching a single icon on a screen to get the results they want, they just won't put forth the effort. No one on the planet can learn all of the intricacies of a top end arranger keyboard in one year, let alone one hour, which some believe they can do. Those that take the time to learn each and every feature, which is indeed a rare individual, love their arranger keyboards.

Some just reject them because they believe it's not a real instrument, but in reality, it is as real as any guitar, piano, organ, flute, etc... You still need to master it as an instrument as well as master the operating systems and features. This, obviously, takes a lot of self discipline, which I've found that many individuals no longer seem to possess, especially the younger generation. In that respect, the arranger keyboard's future is dismal at best.

A good example of this occurred today when I took my 10 year old grandson fishing today. After catching only a single, small, white perch in 30 minutes of fishing, he was ready to go back to the dock where there was Wi-Fi available for free. He left everything for pop-pop to do as soon as we tied up, and within seconds, he had his cell phone out and staring intently at that tiny screen. Then he wanted pizza, to which I acquiesced, and was elated because he could live stream at the Italian restaurant where they had high speed wi-fi for free.

Bottom line - it's not the manufacturers fault that people have been dumbed down to the point where they cannot follow, simple, easy-to-read, instruction manuals provided with the equipment.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/17/17 03:05 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online