SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#434504 - 07/16/17 11:16 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Henni]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Ensoniq was a threat in The 80's and early 90's and they released a beautiful keyboard VFX SD that did everything at the time better than the renowned M1 and Roland Synths & Yamaha DX7....the sequencer killed the competition, the sounds cutting edge for the time.

I bought one and loved it. But it was unreliable on stage because of bad solder in the circuit board. Took them 2 years to fix my board when they finally figured out their error.

Never played a Ketron. But the things I have heard will not allow me to consider this board. Horrible Customer Service is simply a non starter for me. There is no excuse for it period.

I defended my VFX SD cause I was in it 2K. Sorry can't be a guinea pig. So yes no one cares about this board as the reputation of this Company is they don't care.

Everyone whined about the PA4X as I had possibly the first one here. There were glitches but they addressed it.

Sorry people can't buy a product from them.

I would look long and hard at a Rebranding

#434515 - 07/16/17 03:08 PM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Steve A]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Steve,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you please list these 'horrible' service issues? This is what we are currently accumulating and trying to see how to get solutions to. Just list as ...
1. xxxx
2. yyy
3. zzz

Then ... for each one, list possible suggestions to fix these issues. This will go a long way.

Thanks,

AJ

Originally Posted By Steve A
Ensoniq was a threat in The 80's and early 90's and they released a beautiful keyboard VFX SD that did everything at the time better than the renowned M1 and Roland Synths & Yamaha DX7....the sequencer killed the competition, the sounds cutting edge for the time.

I bought one and loved it. But it was unreliable on stage because of bad solder in the circuit board. Took them 2 years to fix my board when they finally figured out their error.

Never played a Ketron. But the things I have heard will not allow me to consider this board. Horrible Customer Service is simply a non starter for me. There is no excuse for it period.

I defended my VFX SD cause I was in it 2K. Sorry can't be a guinea pig. So yes no one cares about this board as the reputation of this Company is they don't care.

Everyone whined about the PA4X as I had possibly the first one here. There were glitches but they addressed it.

#434525 - 07/16/17 08:56 PM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Steve,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you please list these 'horrible' service issues? This is what we are currently accumulating and trying to see how to get solutions to. Just list as ...
1. xxxx
2. yyy
3. zzz

Then ... for each one, list possible suggestions to fix these issues. This will go a long way.

Thanks,

AJ

AJ,
you are an only person who realy care about Ketron produkt's.But that is not anaf.Manufacturer shuld comunikate with hes costumers and dont nead to ignore as like nobady persons...Cant anderstand whay on Ketron site stay costumer suport with no answer on costumer post's?
We nead manufacturer who stay and care behind hes product and haw time to answer on ewery "sealy" post or question.
SD40 is is a good aranger module,but Style Modeling section dont work properly.Ketron know that and nothing to do about.Cant weight to OS update for years like in Audya model.That crazy thing's must be solvet much faster to setisfije costumer's.Here is how Ketron ignorance lok's like and that is general problem.And on the end:what is about Style compiler program?Do they work someday for ather models to,except Audya? That is realy shame...Defenetly SD 40 is my last Ketron product.

So sorry ,but that is a fact....

#434527 - 07/17/17 12:00 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I have had the most fantastic service first from ToneWheelDude and next from AJ.

I could not care less about customer support from Ketron Italy. Between these two gentlemen I received everything I needed exactly when I needed it.

I have had my Audya now for eight years. I guess I can speak from personal experience and not just from mere hearsay.

Oh yes, did I mention I am located in South Africa?

#434539 - 07/17/17 07:50 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Steve A Offline

Steve,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you please list these 'horrible' service issues? This is what we are currently accumulating and trying to see how to get solutions to.

Then ... for each one, list possible suggestions to fix these issues

Thanks,

AJ

AJ....I have not bought a Ketron product and because of the reputation never will....I Google every purchase as do all my clients. I will not be a guinea pig as I was for my Ensoniq.

Rebrand is something that should be looked at long and hard

#434541 - 07/17/17 08:24 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Steve A]
Dnj Offline

Steve,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you please list these 'horrible' service issues? This is what we are currently accumulating and trying to see how to get solutions to.

Wow rebrandi.gg
Thanks,

AJ

AJ....I have not bought a Ketron product and because of the reputation never will....I Google every purchase as do all my clients. I will not be a guinea pig as I was for my Ensoniq.

Wow rebranding?...never would think of that but certainly an option

#434547 - 07/17/17 10:15 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Steve A]
Bachus Offline

Steve,

Thanks,

AJ

If you google for problems with a product, any one product, thats what you will find... problems, problems and more problems.. witouth any ballance.

Just google for tyros problems..and you will be surprised what you find

http://keyszone.boards.net

#434548 - 07/17/17 10:20 AM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Steve,

Thanks,
AJ

If you google for problems with a product, any one product, thats what you will find... problems, problems and more problems.. witouth any ballance.

Yes maybe a 3,4,5yr UNLIMITED Warranty would help sales also..
and ease buyers minds

#434550 - 07/17/17 12:40 PM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Dusan]
Torch Offline

This is the reason I haven't bought an SD 40 yet.

Originally Posted By Dusan

AJ,
you are an only person who realy care about Ketron produkt's.But that is not anaf.Manufacturer shuld comunikate with hes costumers and dont nead to ignore as like nobady persons...Cant anderstand whay on Ketron site stay costumer suport with no answer on costumer post's?
We nead manufacturer who stay and care behind hes product and haw time to answer on ewery "sealy" post or question.
SD40 is is a good aranger module,but Style Modeling section dont work properly.Ketron know that and nothing to do about.Cant weight to OS update for years like in Audya model.That crazy thing's must be solvet much faster to setisfije costumer's.Here is how Ketron ignorance lok's like and that is general problem.And on the end:what is about Style compiler program?Do they work someday for ather models to,except Audya? That is realy shame...Defenetly SD 40 is my last Ketron product. So sorry ,but that is a fact....
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#434551 - 07/17/17 12:49 PM Re: Wow, no SD9 topic? [Re: Bachus]
Steve A Offline

Quote:

I get that....Synth Zone has been the place that really did it. AJ from what I understand is great....Unfortunately the publicity to the product here takes it completely off my list....

The original OP asked why no thread.....Well he did get a thread out of it....................

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online