Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#434245 - 07/11/17 11:36 PM Re: Project results... [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By DonM
We will expect to see a video of you playing it!!
You're the MAN Nigel!

You bet Don. But it is you guys who are the MAN !!!!! I am honored to know you all.

#434250 - 07/12/17 04:48 AM Re: Project results... [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Nigel

I can't thank you all enough and I barely have the words to express myself. guitar

You thank us every day with S+Z ...
Enjoy!

#434260 - 07/12/17 08:53 AM Re: Project results... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nigel, if you get really wrapped up in your new toy, you think Kerry would like to go out??? (I KID...I KID...a little. LOL)!

Since we are "joined at the hip", so to speak, when it comes to guitars, to me, this was way more than just a guitar. It was about sharing a lifetime love of music and instruments. You have often said that there is nothing like a real wood instrument. Each has a life of it's own and no other possession means as much to me. That's why I now have over 300 again (including this pretty, slightly tacky piece of personal history).

The original H-78 is what I paid my way thru college with. I bought a new American Strat and the Harmony the same day at Carl's Music Center in Lexington the Spring of 1960. I remember the Harmony was $19.00 more than the Fender, and both were a little under $800.00 out the door.

Because of the Black Keys kid...Dan, the price of playable original Harmony has gone up to around $1200.00. But, the 1960 Strat is inching up to $30,000.00. Thankfully, I have that one, too.

And, I still have the Heritage Lite labeled with a copy of the document to be sent to you at the right time.

That's where it needs to be.

I'll shop for the puffy shirts this week-end. You look for the eye liner. I'll get the knobs that go to 12. We'll need 12 of them. And maybe I can find 6 big switches shaped like extended middle fingers LOL!

All the best to both of you! And much appreciation to Don, Gary and the others who participated.

Russ

PS. Email me privately about he slight hum with all controls off. That's the way the original ones were, and even the genius who maintains equipment for many national acts, including Joe Walsh could not come up with a fix (see the schematic suggesting a fix from the manufacturer...it didn't work). It's easy to leave one knob on, use a standby switch on a Fender amp or any device like a tuner or on-off switch to control the issue. Let me know...

Edited by captain Russ (07/12/17 09:16 AM)

#434261 - 07/12/17 09:11 AM Re: Project results... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Be sure there is room for a row of wheel chairs at your first gig. And have hot chocolate on tap!

#434274 - 07/12/17 12:40 PM Re: Project results... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#434275 - 07/12/17 12:46 PM Re: Project results... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Be sure there is room for a row of wheel chairs at your first gig. And have hot chocolate on tap!

rotf2

Edited by Dnj (07/12/17 12:47 PM)

#434292 - 07/12/17 11:49 PM Re: Project results... [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By captain Russ

PS. Email me privately about he slight hum with all controls off. That's the way the original ones were, and even the genius who maintains equipment for many national acts, including Joe Walsh could not come up with a fix (see the schematic suggesting a fix from the manufacturer...it didn't work). It's easy to leave one knob on, use a standby switch on a Fender amp or any device like a tuner or on-off switch to control the issue. Let me know...

If all the knobs are off then I am not playing anyway so that doesn't seem like any sort of issue to me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online