SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#433981 - 07/07/17 07:27 AM Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed
Dnj Offline

#433982 - 07/07/17 07:30 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

When we're gone this is all that will remain,.....what's the world wide attraction compared to the past music wise we grew up with and are still playing?
Or are we just stubborn & reluctant to give up our fond musical playing memories and embrace the future?
Looking at the videos you can't argue with the numbers on a global scale.. ... confused1

thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (07/07/17 07:39 AM)

#433986 - 07/07/17 08:30 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

In the beginning of rock pop and R&B some parents called our music "devil music". Guess this is the latest iteration. It certainly shows promise for mind control and mass hysteria. Seems like they use some kind of massive sampler and just press preset buttons. Doubt if many of us old timers can remotely relate to this "new music"

#433987 - 07/07/17 09:07 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: KORG80]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By KORG80
Seems like they use some kind of massive sampler and just press preset buttons.

Believe me there is much more to it then just "pushing a button" after all playing an arranger kb if you think about it the "keys" or how you say "buttons" you have to press to make music also,.....there is certainly a talent in both methods for sure,...and then there's the performance & audience control experience especially with a large crowd as shown,.....new technology evokes new talents and it will continue year after year....as the original post title states,.."Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed"

Thanx for your thoughts...

Edited by Dnj (07/07/17 09:12 AM)

#433995 - 07/07/17 09:27 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Many many years ago ( I am now 70) I can remember my old dad saying to me that Rock'n'Roll and the Mersey sound were absolute rubbish and he wondered why anybody would want to listen to it. Then one day he said to me, " Rock 'n' Roll is just like Boogie Woogie and he was totally happy then. He was a pianist himself (pub style) and he loved Winifred Atwell, Russ Conway, Joe Mr Piano Henderson, Liberace and probably the most relaxing pianist of all, Charlie Kunz.

These sounds are just another process of our evolution in the music world.

I wonder what it will be like when we are all long gone.

Alan

Do I like it, no not particularly but times change and these youngsters are only doing what we did some fifty years ago.

#433996 - 07/07/17 09:30 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Sapphire]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Sapphire
Many many years ago ( I am now 70) I can remember my old dad saying to me that Rock'n'Roll and the Mersey sound were absolute rubbish and he wondered why anybody would want to listen to it. Then one day he said to me, " Rock 'n' Roll is just like Boogie Woogie and he was totally happy then. He was a pianist himself (pub style) and he loved Winifred Atwell, Russ Conway, Joe Mr Piano Henderson, Liberace and probably the most relaxing pianist of all, Charlie Kunz.

These sounds are just another process of our evolution in the music world.

I wonder what it will be like when we are all long gone.

Alan

Do I like it, no not particularly but times change and these youngsters are only doing what we did some fifty years ago.

Alan very insightful your dad sounds like a very wise man wink ....
thanx for your thoughts..

#433997 - 07/07/17 09:36 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Dnj]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Emm.... the only question I have is ... WHERE IS THE BAND?

The number of folks showing up to the events above to see just one man perform speak volumes and tell you where this is all heading.... therefore ARRANGER & LIGHT SALES should be picking up as they have the capability to blend both the music of the past and the music of today ... even with 'button pushing'!

So .. why are the Arranger sales not going through the roof? Are they becoming too complicated for the younger generation to comprehend or too expensive (since apparently a laptop or even a smart phone with the right aps can accomplish some of what I am witnessing in the videos above)?

Your thoughts ...

Thanks,

AJ

#434000 - 07/07/17 09:53 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
AJ I don't think the arranger keyboard is too complicated but from a youngsters point of view it is too time consuming. I don't think they are interested in learning about music and chord definitions as we have done.

I am probably going to get crucified for this but in my opinion it's now a case of press some buttons and let a computer do the work.

Funny that, replace buttons with keys and I have just described what I do with my Tyros and SD7.

#434001 - 07/07/17 09:53 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Emm.... the only question I have is ... WHERE IS THE BAND?

The number of folks showing up to the events above to see just one man perform speak volumes and tell you where this is all heading.... therefore ARRANGER & LIGHT SALES should be picking up as they have the capability to blend both the music of the past and the music of today ... even with 'button pushing'!

So .. why are the Arranger sales not going through the roof? Are they becoming too complicated for the younger generation to comprehend or too expensive (since apparently a laptop or even a smart phone with the right aps can accomplish some of what I am witnessing in the videos above)?
Your thoughts ...
Thanks,AJ

Personally I see playing keyboard either arranger, synth, piano, etc, going backwards to being a HOME Satisfaction scenario for the player again just like the home organ and piano in your living room of yesteryear's gone by making it full circle as the new wave of generational music enters the world as shown above,.....fighting it is futile, .....the ONE MAN HOME BAND concept will always remain popular for those who do play out and just want to create music and enjoy playing it by themselves,..at 64 I hope Im still around to see some of it materialize its an exciting transitional time in music performance.

#434010 - 07/07/17 11:59 AM Re: Like it or Not This is Where it's Headed [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The wheel has turned; it’s another generation’s turn now.
And – it is not just their music; they are expressing what is inside them.

IT IS a different world – but there is still room for Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra, me and my keyboard. I am going enjoy – no love the music that’s in me and play my heart out.

Happy camper, John C.

PS, I made a decision to let the new generation and their music exist; not that I have a choice. (smile) No room for negative thinking here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online