SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#432852 - 06/11/17 09:50 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By DonM
"During the fifty-seven years of his life, Beethoven played different kinds of keyboard instruments: in his youth, the clavichord, harpsichord, and organ; and as an adult, various fortepianos including those made by Stein, Böhm, Erard, Schantz, and Streicher (he was friendly with the Streicher Family)."
FWIW

Keyword there Don, is "PLAYED".
smile
chas

#432853 - 06/11/17 09:58 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I think you're missing the point.....opera singers aren't pushing a button to trigger samples (while they lip sync), they're actually singing.

chas

Opera tracks are used all the time .... cool2

#432896 - 06/12/17 10:16 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
This Sunday evening I was a Special musical guest & speaker at a fairly large Church. The Pastor saw my set-up which includes the PA4X, 2 Acoustic Guitars, & an Allen & Heath QU 24 Digital Mixer which can remember 100 different scenes or mixes. Red lights flashing on the board, a full band playing from the keyboard, other times a sequenced song coming from the PA4X while I played acoustic, & the wifey singing harmony to my lead VOX.

He was blown away that one person could get so much sound as a solo musician.

He came up on stage & turned to me & said in front of the congregation that I remind him of KING DAVID, possibly the greatest songwriter & multi-instrumentalist ever. As I am a writer & singer first.

Then he said I wonder what King David would do with all of today technology I had on stage????

I too wonder.........................

Edited by Steve A (06/12/17 10:19 AM)

#432920 - 06/13/17 08:26 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Steve A]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
He would still be thinking of Bathsheba smile

#432925 - 06/13/17 12:53 PM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
He would still be thinking of Bathsheba smile

Ha ha. Yep, and the rest of his wives and concubines. Judging by his historical and biblical record, I'd say that womanizing had a much higher priority than technology. I think what he could have benefited from most in today's technology would be modern day methods of birth control smile. In any case, he has a lot in common with some of today's leaders; like multiple kids with multiple wives. Just sayin'.

chas

#432929 - 06/13/17 05:48 PM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Steve A]
Torch Offline

I'd think that King David would have purchased TOL instruments(he could afford them) and he as a skilled musician would have "played" them as Chas noted.   Also, judging from the records of him, he would not have been per-occupied with the tools themselves, but rather used the tools to express himself through skillfully played music.   After all, he was known for doing his worship music with all of his heart and passion.  As the saying goes, "It's the painter not the brush."

By the way, David didn't really have to think of Bathsheba as she ended up being his wife after David had sent her husband to a fierce battle where David knew he would certainly die. It was to cover up a murder.   David paid dearly for his action.  He was dealing with a "terrible" God, who one time killed 70,000 people just because David took a census though he was told not to. It was prophesied that what King David did in private, the same will be done to him in bright daylight.   It happened to him.  He lost his child he had with Bathsheba, his kingdom torn in half, and his own son violated his wives and concubines in broad daylight.    
Originally Posted By Steve A
This Sunday evening I was a Special musical guest & speaker at a fairly large Church. The Pastor saw my set-up which includes the PA4X, 2 Acoustic Guitars, & an Allen & Heath QU 24 Digital Mixer which can remember 100 different scenes or mixes. Red lights flashing on the board, a full band playing from the keyboard, other times a sequenced song coming from the PA4X while I played acoustic, & the wifey singing harmony to my lead VOX.

He was blown away that one person could get so much sound as a solo musician.

He came up on stage & turned to me & said in front of the congregation that I remind him of KING DAVID, possibly the greatest songwriter & multi-instrumentalist ever. As I am a writer & singer first.

Then he said I wonder what King David would do with all of today technology I had on stage????

I too wonder.........................
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#432959 - 06/15/17 04:45 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Just open your Mind & Create Music.......
it's whats coming more and more cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/15/17 05:01 AM)

#432978 - 06/15/17 11:06 PM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Those boys better have good health insurance for the future. If they continue playing with the backs hunched over like that and their wrists bent at 90 degrees , they are going to need it. 🤓

Edited by spalding1968 (06/15/17 11:08 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online